·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Holy fxxk!!!! With the 3 lights on it looks like a plane coming straight at you......they work great thumb up

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!
Before I wiped the lens off, there was one streak going right through them. Looked like a cut scene from Close Encounters lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
So the mounting bracket is the one shown in your pics?

What about wiring/relay/switch,etc?

I think i may have to purchase a set of these. I was saving up for some high dollar lights but at this rate its going to take forever and i really like these.

Any chance you have a pic during the day time so i can see a better shot of how they look when mounted to the bike?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed them tonight. First chance to get a day pic will be tomorrow ;)

I initially bought a driving light kit from Rivco with clamps and wiring with relay, but the lights weren't worth the cardboard it came in - they would burn out every few weeks! However, the clamps were great and I used the same wiring and replay. Attached the switch to my handlebar clamp.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Broggy Boy, how many lumens? Are they dimmable? Hooked up to both high and low beams? Cost? Got change for a dollar?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just installed them tonight. First chance to get a day pic will be tomorrow ;)

I initially bought a driving light kit from Rivco with clamps and wiring with relay, but the lights weren't worth the cardboard it came in - they would burn out every few weeks! However, the clamps were great and I used the same wiring and replay. Attached the switch to my handlebar clamp.
Is the link you posted for 2 lights or 1 light? Read some of the reviews and people are saying they only received 1 light even tho the description states 2 lights??

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got 2 lights in my order.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Broggy Boy, how many lumens? Are they dimmable? Hooked up to both high and low beams? Cost? Got change for a dollar?
According to the link, they are 1260 lumens each. LEDs, so probably dimmable. Not hooked up to either beam, but I think someday I'll take the hot switch lead and splice it inline with the high beam. They were about $42 including shipping, and I just used my last 4 quarters.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
That's 1/10 the price of my Clearwater Darlas.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Very impressive! Nice work, Broggyr. thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
holy smokes ! i bet this looks like a comet coming down the road. i like this! certainly an idea.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks good !....lays down a bunch'o light.

I read recently that two of the best 'visual aids' for being seen on a motorcycle are the 'triangle' light array...and Hi-Viz clothing?

You certainly have the first one.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
i just ordered a set. i am going to look into adding chrome plating to these. However, i kinda like the black look. i got a stock switch from the dealer and i am going to hook them up with that.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

Cool, wondering how they look on the bike. the price is right and those sukers are bright....thumb up

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's 1/10 the price of my Clearwater Darlas.
We'll see who wins out in the quality and support department; you probably got me beat.

The best part about all this is, I just rewired everything neatly, so if the lights ever give me stones, I can simply replace them and wire them in place using the existing brackets.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got a stock switch from the dealer and i am going to hook them up with that.
I should do that myself. I am also toying with the idea of splicing the feed lead into my high beams so they only activate on the high beam circuit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Broggyr... I had them spliced into both using diodes to a relay so it wouldn't backpower my other beam on my last bike. It had a regular three prong connector. I caught a hassle from my inspection in TX (guy was kind of a p,,..) that it's legal (driving lights) only with your lowbeams. I went and had it inspected elsewhere and passed just fine. If you power it off your lowbeam, LOL you can always say my lowbeam is on...

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Main reason I spent the big $ for the Clearwater Darlas is they are wired into both hi and lo beams, with a controller that lowers the intensity when on lo, so you don't dazzle oncoming. When you switch to hi, they go on 100%. Maybe you guys with other lights are clever enough to wire up yours to do that too. That way you don't go blind when at night, you dim for oncoming on a dark 2 laner. For daytime riding, I like the triangle of light oncoming sees--much more noticeable than just one headlight. I'm all about self preservation these days. Not much life left, but I sure as hell gonna protect it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm sure most of you are aware, these are flood lights, so as long as you treat them as high beams (off at night with oncoming traffic) you should be fine. They look well made, and the price is killer. Long live King Kong... err Hong Kong! cheers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts