Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I am about to begin the conversion to put XC bags on my KP. I am ordering the brackets from Witchdoctors. I found a couple sets of bags on ebay for a decent price. My question is, should I be looking for a different rear fender to go along with changing the bags? I know that the XC bags don't match exactly with the lines of the KP fender, but I thought I read somewhere that someone said the Boardwalk fender matches up perfectly with the bags. Please let me know. I am ready to get the bike to paint here in the next couple of weeks so I need to make sure I have everything ready. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Hey guys. So I am about to begin the conversion to put XC bags on my KP. I am ordering the brackets from Witchdoctors. I found a couple sets of bags on ebay for a decent price. My question is, should I be looking for a different rear fender to go along with changing the bags? I know that the XC bags don't match exactly with the lines of the KP fender, but I thought I read somewhere that someone said the Boardwalk fender matches up perfectly with the bags. Please let me know. I am ready to get the bike to paint here in the next couple of weeks so I need to make sure I have everything ready. Thanks!!!
Sorry I can't answer your question but I will advise you to dummy assemble it all prior to painting in case any mods are required.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely. Been there and made that mistake before haha. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
@nvkevin With the sharp angles at the rear of the XC bags they might look better with the more angled rear fender of the Boardwalk. Once its together I'm sure you'll be looking at it incessantly...lol, guess you'll have to decide then if something bugs you about the look. Maybe some fillers might do the trick also...just a thought.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kinda what I was thinking I may have to do. I have been looking at pictures and I don't think the stock KP rear fender looks too bad with the bags. I'll have to see what I think when I set it all up for my pre-paint mock up. Thanks for the reply!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That bike looks sexy. I really love the way it looks with the fairing and the hard bags. Thank you for the pic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Looks good

Looks good to me. Maybe a couple of extra marker lights on the bags, or brake lights. I would set it all up with the new bags and see what I thought. Maybe tuck the bags as close to the rear fender as possible. Also you could try raising or lowering the bags and see what you think. Also one thing you might consider is how far back or forward do you want them to sit, remember leg room for a passenger if you carry one. I have thought about moving the bags on my XR back an inch or so from stock. Just some ideas. I take it you do not want it to look just like a X bike or you would just sell your KP and just buy one. Post up some pictures of what you do please!
thumb up

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great. I actually really like that look. I don't think the different lines from the bags to the fender takes away from the look at all. I actually think the contrast looks good.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Looks great. I actually really like that look. I don't think the different lines from the bags to the fender takes away from the look at all. I actually think the contrast looks good.

Yeah you're right, it flows real nice, looks like what it should look like to me:smile

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@visionjohnny does it matter what year of XC bags I use? I found a set on ebay for a pretty good price, but it says they are 2010-2012 only. I don't know much about the XC bikes, so I don't know if something changed in recent years that I need to be aware of. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
@visionjohnny does it matter what year of XC bags I use? I found a set on ebay for a pretty good price, but it says they are 2010-2012 only. I don't know much about the XC bikes, so I don't know if something changed in recent years that I need to be aware of. Thanks.
Bags are all the same , stick with the KP fender , looks BADASS !

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Haha. I can always use more pics. Especially with a fairing!! What fairing is that? I ordered the WOC.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea one of my buddy's does custom paint and pin striping so I'm good in that area. I ordered the windshield brackets also

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bike is all stripped and ready for paint, and more mods. Just waiting on the bags and brackets to show up now.

·
13,235 Posts
wait a minute. You always mount new part to bike before painting especially new ones.
I really like your old color scheme. Hope your keeping it

Reactions: SALTY
1 - 20 of 78 Posts