Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here tried to soften the suspension of the 2010 or newer 8 balls? I have a 2011 KP 8 ball and was thinking about trying to replace the rear shock with a standard KP rear shock or even a cross roads shock if possible. I got to demo a cross roads last weekend and really liked the ride (but still like my bike better). The guy at the dealership thinks i should add another link to raise my seat height but i don't think that will help the travel. Just looking for ideas for a softer ride.

Thanks

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I would advise you to buy the Penske or kewlmetal air ride if you are going to spend money on a new shock.

If you an aggressive rider then go with the Penske. If you are cruiser like me the air ride is Aces!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I'm not really looking for anything more aggressive than what I already have and I'm hoping to be able to do this on the cheap. What would you think about just replacing the 3" 8 ball spring with the 3.7" KP spring?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I started this thread I've just been sucking it up on the stock suspension. Ready to fix that this winter. I haven't been able to find the kewl metal air ride shock, most links through Google say discontinued.

For the two lengths of progressive 465 shock, on a 2011 KP 8ball,
My questions are: if I were to install the long shock, would I have to replace the links to make more room? Would the longer travel shock provide noticeably more comfort thank the short one? Would a longer shock and possibly new links change the geometry of the bike?

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
13,047 Posts
get your rear wheel off the ground and adjust your shock
You should get a nice ride out if what you have

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not sure about the link, but I have heard good things about the longer progressive shock.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
penske works

put a penske on my 2013 hammer! if it makes a hammer ride decent it will do wonders for you. i got mine directly from penske as i live only 60 miles away, they are built to order for YOU! with top quality parts. off the shelf shocks are a crapshoot, do it once do it RIGHT! air shocks are a cheap bandaid IMO! thats why Hxxxxy D uses them!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Too many folks say the Penske is the best mod period. That's one definitive statement ending in "period" I'm inclined to believe. :) It gets my vote and hope to install someday when I can justify the cost.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
penske $$$

realizing everyone is financially different sometimes a more expensive purchase done once is cheaper than several cheaper purchases trying to get good results, its always the buyers choice for sure. i remember drooling over a set of budnick wheels at a rod show about $1500 for 4 years ago, made to order i whipped out the plastic after a few more beers, thew went on a nice 72 olds cutlass hardtop, everyone commented on them, the finish inside was better than most outside, i quickly forgot how much $$$ they were!!! if there's a way buy what you want!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts