Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I own a 2010 Kingpin and had previously tried to attach spotlights on my engine guard which worked for a couple of weeks then fried my regulator at a cost of 300 $ .... Now I want to install an LED light strip which consumes almost no power but the dealer tells me that victory motorcycles aren't designed to accept ANY modification / accessories or else I end up with another fried regulator .... Is this true ? Can't I really put anything on the bike ? That doesn't really make any sense to me and I would appreciate any help !:crzy:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi

I own a 2010 Kingpin and had previously tried to attach spotlights on my engine guard which worked for a couple of weeks then fried my regulator at a cost of 300 $ .... Now I want to install an LED light strip which consumes almost no power but the dealer tells me that victory motorcycles aren't designed to accept ANY modification / accessories or else I end up with another fried regulator .... Is this true ? Can't I really put anything on the bike ? That doesn't really make any sense to me and I would appreciate any help !:crzy:
No, this doesn't sound right to me. I ran an 04 Pin (and a 99 with the 28 amp alternator) many many miles with the full compliment of heated gear. (gloves, jacket, pant liners). No numbers in front of me but I'm sure that had a larger draw than spots. Never an issue in 80k+ miles with a regulator. I'm surprised yours failed. May be something else going on there. You can put stuff on that bike. Just be aware of its amp draw. You've got a lot of lee-way on that motorcycle for electrical gear.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I ran led tail lights on my 05 pin for a couple years. No problem. You do need to be careful changing the right front turn signal. It for some reason has reversed polarity from what I have read. Quite a few people have fried the ACM that way. Do some research for sure. But you can indeed upgrade the lighting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts