Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found two Kingpin touring models for sale online. Both nice two tone paint. Decent prices with reasonable shipping.

They were both already sold when I called. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Thanks for reading my rant.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Don't get an 08. First year of closed loop FI. BAD..... 07 and 09 are very different and both can be modded as little or as much as desired.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in central Missouri.
where in mid mo? have you checked any local dealers? jones in columbia had some decent deals when i was in there last and im not usually much on recommending the dealerships. There's also seebold at the lake.

i bought my 05 vegas outta kc its the 92 with a 5 speed and i love it sometimes find myself searching for 6th gear is my only complaint and its not much of a complaint.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was allways doing that with my 04 vegas.Now I look for 7th on my KP.:crzy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where in mid mo? have you checked any local dealers? jones in columbia had some decent deals when i was in there last and im not usually much on recommending the dealerships. There's also seebold at the lake.

i bought my 05 vegas outta kc its the 92 with a 5 speed and i love it sometimes find myself searching for 6th gear is my only complaint and its not much of a complaint.
I've checked the Vic dealer in Columbia and did not find what I was looking for.

I found one in St. Louis but I bristle about paying a $200 documentation fee when I intend to pay cash for the bike.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Love Kingpins! Haven't had any major problems with my '08 Kingpin. Preferred closed loop fuel injection and less maintenance of the '08 and newer. Should be able to find a used Kingpin that will take you many miles. Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
47 Posts
06 went to 100ci 6 speed

I mean if it u found a great deal with a 5 speed i wouldnt pass cuz of the 6 speed. My bike is fine at 70 mph.. But i ride wayyyy to fast especially after i get off my r1 lol

·
Registered
690 Posts
Keep looking for the 6spd. I have an 09 8 ball and I wish more than anything I had the 6spd.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My '08 Kingpin Tour has the 6-spd. I believe in 2010 they changed the gear cutting style and specified 5k oil changes instead of 3k. Gotta look at factory specs or Kingpin articles to figure out all the timing. Eventually they had 106 engines too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
From '06 on up, except for the 8 Ball models, they had the six speed transmission on the Kingpin. Mine is an '08 and the only trouble I have had is a broken clutch cable. I will be converting that to hydraulic in the near future.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts