Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. Figured I'd see if any of you have taken a KP to a bagger? And I don't mean throwing a set of leathers on it.

The reason I ask is my wife currently has a Vulcan 900 that she loves and has customized pretty nicely. However, she's had interest in hardbags for awhile now and also has some troubles keeping up with me on my XR (on ramps, passing and the like...no issues at speed). So, we're kind of looking at a few different options. Either upgrading to a bigger bike and making that a bagger, or just going to a bagger all together. No XR/XC in the mix...already one in the stable.

I've seen some pics of the KP with the Corbins and neither of us like that look. The stock pipes ruin it. I've seen a couple of dual set ups, but can't find any with hard bags. Anyone have this set up? Thanks!

(FYI, already went through the "show your KP" thread as well as did a search)

·
Registered
78 Posts

Hope that gives you some ideas. I heard of people putting stratoliner or HD bags on with little modding, and of course the possibility of movin the exhaust.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope that gives you some ideas. I heard of people putting stratoliner or HD bags on with little modding, and of course the possibility of movin the exhaust.
Thanks. For the first one, not a fan of the Corbins due to the stock pipes. Just looks out of place in our opinion. As for the others, she really likes the lines of the stock stuff so not looking to mod too much along those lines.

Personally I don't think the pipes hurt the look of my KP a bit
That's opinions for ya. :) Nice looking bike, though.

These are the Beetle Bags.
Have any other photos of those? Are are those beetles off of something else and just fabbed up? Only saw the Fleetliners on their site.

Might just end up with something like the Tsukayus or something where we can custom mount the height when the split duals are on if we do this. Hmmmmmmmm. We'll see. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow, a little pricey... Those better fit anything I want them to for that price. Full Face helmets, jackets, wife's suitcase....:crzy:

·
Registered
442 Posts
My tsukayu bags, freshly installed.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Ashmostro. I think we're starting to narrow things down. This Fall will likely be the earliest we'll go. She's starting to get picky. At least color won't be a constraint any more. Just need an '08 or newer, maybe premium, non-tour. Going to get split pipes most likely and then add Tsukayu. Then comes the paint. Going to have the guy who does all of Donnie Smith's stuff do it. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Keep in mind the Tsukayu bags take a WHILE to get after order is placed because they custom-build every order. Mine took 1.5 months from order time.

FYI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts