Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Kingpin High Mileage Bragging Rights

16K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  keyman6868 
#1 ·
I'm impressed by a fellow Victory rider that just rolled 100K miles onto his 2004 Victory Vegas. As I ride an '08 Kingpin, I'm interested in hearing the mega mileage other Kingpin riders have put on their bikes (and any major problems encountered along the way). My 17,000 miles wouldn't even make some rider's annual total, so no bragging rights by me.

#2 ·
Keep in mind that mileage doesn't necessarily use. Riding down the freeways will pile on the miles with minimum wear. Commuting in stop and go traffic OTOH will pile on the wear with minimum mileage.

#3 ·
That's the most I've hear of on a KP. My Uncle has a 2001 Victory V92C with 110K miles and going strong! He is retired but has 2 other Victory bikes, one of which is a X-Country so old V92C doesn't get many miles anymore. These bikes are like cars. Take care of them and 200K is attainable on the original drivetrain.

#5 ·
One guy, Rollin I think, put 200,000 miles on his KP. He did a lot of Iron Butt rides. I think that bike went back to Victory to be in a Museum. Might already be in one somewhere. I would like to think Victory took the motor apart to see what the wear looked like. It was still running fine when retired and the owner used Amsoil exclusively after the break in period if I remember right.

The unofficial mileage expectation for the Freedom motor and newer is 150,000 but that would be a 50/50 split between around town and highway miles. Like SB said; more miles on the highway will mean less wear and a higher mileage expectation but it isn't cut and dried. Load, mountain riding, type of riding or aggressive riding will affect the overall wear, tear, and mileage before a rebuild or motor replacement would be needed.

The funny thing is there really aren't that many Victory's getting into the high mileage category yet and those that are are usually Vision's. Vision riders are kinda like Gold Wing riders in that they love to put lots of miles on their rides using the super slabs and highways of America and Canada to do it.

#8 ·
One guy, Rollin I think, put 200,000 miles on his KP. He did a lot of Iron Butt rides. I think that bike went back to Victory to be in a Museum. Might already be in one somewhere. I would like to think Victory took the motor apart to see what the wear looked like. It was still running fine when retired and the owner used Amsoil exclusively after the break in period if I remember right.
Roadkill's bike went to a museum, with some 200K+ miles, not Rollin who does lots of miles doing IBA rides but does not keep his bikes that long.

Fishwich had an '05 KP with 156K on it prior to her death last year.

#21 ·
That ride included the IBA 49 state ride.

The numbers from that ride -

GPS Miles and time.

Day 1 - 1136 miles - 22 hours 44 minutes - 10 States
Day 2 - 796 miles - 15 hours 32 minutes - 6 States
Day 3 - 896 miles - 16 hours 41 minutes - 8 States
Day 4 - 1044 miles - 17 hours 33 minutes - 6 States
Day 5 - 938 miles - 16 hours 40 minutes - 5 States
Day 6 - 1002 miles - 17 hours 31 minutes - 5 States
Day 7 - 1007 miles - 17 hours 28 minutes - 5 States
Day 8 - 1029 miles - 17 hours 58 minutes - 3 states
Day 9 - 777 miles - 17 hours 15 minutes - 0 States
Day 10 - 165 miles - 3 hours 37 minutes - 1 State

Total time - 9 days, 17 hours and 16 minutes
49 state miles - 8818
Total trip miles - 11,907

#22 ·
Im currently resurrecting Fishwhich's bike! Yes I have it I bought it today from her relative in Arizona. No it is not running. It appears to have been sitting for a very long time. I bought the bike for my daughter. In Fishwhich's honor the bike will be named "Fish" If anyone has any knowledge as to what has been done to this bike please drop me a line and fill me in. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.