Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at low rpm's 1500 to 2400 i have developed a miss or hesitation, very furustrating, i have checked and replaced the nipples on the throttle body helped but not the answer, replaced the exshaust gskt's no help, checked the thottle body boots for cracks or air leaks none found, there are no engine codes flashing either, bike just started doing this within the last 600 miles,

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Fuel pressure low?
Have you cleaned the throttle bodies?

What year bike?

Sometimes a fitting in the fuel line will develop a leak and not provide proper fuel pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have cleaned the thottle bodies, and it is an 06 kingpin 100 ci i also tried spraying carb cleaner around throttle body boots to see if i would get any rpm change but no change experienced.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't know what year they stop using them but if your's has it try to reset the thottle positioning sensor. Mine did that that after I cleaned the throttle bodies. Once I reset it bike started run smooth again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i have checked the plugs they seem to be snug and there is no tracking on the top of either plug, checked fuel pressure at idle carries 38 lbs rev to 1800 drops to 33 lbs, not sure what the pressure reading should be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
would like to thank all of you for your input, found a blown seal between the fuel pump and the regulator repaired that and now have 50 lbs fuel pressure and the bike runs great, again thanks alot if i could ever figure out the pic's i post one, i've an 06 kingpin i've fitted with rpw ture duals cross country bags, modified pass. back rest and heated seats mid height wind screen and lowers. just love this bike, my wife and i just returned from a 2900 miles trip to sd. wy. id. mt. and nd it was great, but than aren't all bike trips.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well dave if it's like my kingpin you pull the wedge off on the right side you'll see your fuel lines or rails there should be a valve fitting resembles a tire air stem there should be a screw off cap were you can adopt a fuel pressure gauge,

·
Registered
83 Posts
well dave if it's like my kingpin you pull the wedge off on the right side you'll see your fuel lines or rails there should be a valve fitting resembles a tire air stem there should be a screw off cap were you can adopt a fuel pressure gauge,
I don't have a shrader valve, I looked in that spot and there is no valve stem. I believe 08 and newer are different...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts