Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting a Victory...scratch that I'm getting a victory. The question is I don't know if I should get a new Boardwalk or a used Kingpin?

·
Registered
87 Posts
1. Most would say ride both and make your choice.
2. Sure seems the folks with Kingpins never stop bragging it may be the best overall well rounded bike Victory ever made.
3. There are still some new '12 Kingpins out there if you look, and for probably a good bargain. For example I believe a dealership in north AL still has a new one listed for 11K

·
Registered
690 Posts
Depends.... Do you prefer spokes, or cast aluminum ? The spokes may look cool, and old school, but a little more work to fix a flat and when you change tires, most shops will suggest you get new tubes and wheel strips. The Kingpin also has a superior front end with better road manors. The rear shock also offers almost an inch more suspension travel. Unless you buy a low or 8 ball version. Then they have the same rear shock as the Boardwalk.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sometimes a pix is just right. This one screams muscle. Maybe it's the size of the rider or whatever but that bike has a kind of compacted industrial grunt that's eye popping (not to mention the underside looks like a freight train).

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Sometimes a pix is just right. This one screams muscle. Maybe it's the size of the rider or whatever but that bike has a kind of compacted industrial grunt that's eye popping (not to mention the underside looks like a freight train).
I wonder where Harley got their Switchback idea?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Half Crazy I really like the look of your bike its the direction I want to head. The hunt continues , just stopped by a local dealer and he is going to keep his eyes open for me. Nice thing about living in New England is Ive have all winter to find the right one.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Half Crazy I really like the look of your bike its the direction I want to head. The hunt continues , just stopped by a local dealer and he is going to keep his eyes open for me. Nice thing about living in New England is Ive have all winter to find the right one.
www.cycletrader.com
You can ship a bike anywhere for $500. If you can save a few grand it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The bike looks small, out of ground clearance, uncomfortable to ride... That is a terrible shot.
I rode one. And while I wouldn't say it was terribly uncomfortable, but the bike generally sucked. Still, it looks a lot like a Harley designer was asked to make a KP from a Dyna.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts