Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase a 2010 two toned Kingpin; ocean blue/sandstone, and am wanting to have the scratches repaired, and paint to match. The body shop I'm working with has called Victory Corp, and a few local dealers, and is unable to get any information about paint codes. Does Victory really hold this stuff that close to the vest? Can anyone help with where I can get paint to match?

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Yes they do. Someone got a hold of some old paint codes that you can download HERE but the newer stuff has to be matched by a paint shop (if they have the right stuff and are good enough) or you need to buy the paint directly from Victory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had on 05 Hammer and bought the factory service manual. Inside the manual were all the paint codes. Maybe they still include the paint codes in the service manuals? Just a thought.

·
Registered
129 Posts
RE: Paint Match

I understand why you want paint codes, but that might not give you what you want anyway. Depending on how much sun the bike has seen new paint may not match perfectly even with the correct paint codes. I think it would be best to try to get with a shop that can do an accurate color match.

·
13,185 Posts
I think your SOL
I have heard deals can get you quarts and maybe pints but they don't match.
I found a store that analyzed my gray vision and he mixed up paint that was close but was not on.
If you get a paint code it doesn't mean nothing to a paint store cause all there paint codes are for cars.
You would be better off taking what you can get or paint the hole bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually very happy with the work my paint shop did on the bike. They found a perfect match of both colors from a Dupont paint supplier. They found the exact names for the colors Victory states, and was mixed with the right quantity they needed. I could buy direct from Victory, but my choices were: touch up pen, 10 oz. aerosol cans, or quarts. Buying quarts would be enough to paint five bikes total. They painted only the areas that needed repair, including the pin stripes. They did a GREAT job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts