Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No luck in the classifieds, so curious if anyone with a VEGAS reading this part of the forums is wanting to convert their Vegas to a Kingpin rear fender bike.

I have a like new KINGPIN gloss black rear fender with the LED taillight and Arlen Ness chrome license plate mount on it that I will trade for your xlnt gloss black VEGAS rear fender with LED taillight.

If interested, PM me and we can swap pics and make a deal.

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone wanting to put a Kingpin rear fender on their Vegas?!?!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
??????$$$$$$

How much are you asking for it. It might sell straight out if you post the price. Lots of project bikes out there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I want a black rear Vegas fender with LED taillight.

So the only price I could put on this is $600 since that is what I could buy a new Vegas fender and taillight for.

Thus why I am hoping to trade.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Anybody have a mint gloss black Vegas rear fender with LED taillight to trade for this Kingpin rear fender??

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mint condition black Kingpin fender still for sale.

Letting it go for just $300 plus shipping.

Comes with LED taillight and Arlen Ness chrome license plate frame assembly.

Best deal around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fender has been sold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hoping someone in this thread can answer a basic question for me - I have a 2016 Vegas 8 Ball and want to swap to the Kingpin fender to mount hard bags. Would any year Kingpin work and is this is a direct swap out / bolt on or are modifications required? THANKS.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What bags are you looking to mount?

If doing a cross country bag conversion, you need the custom mounting brackets Witchdoctors used to sell.

If going with a Victory bag, either fender works. The kingpin fender bolts on, but you also need the kingpin fender's taillight and I believe wiring harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great feedback, thx.

I can't find a source for the Victory hard bags so was considering the XC bags. I had hoped for the Scorpion rear kit but they aren't making the cages anymore. I just want larger sized bags than what the aftermarket offers and am willing to move my exhaust to accommodate. The XC are a bit big but all I can find.

Witchdoctor's doesn't seem to have the mounting brackets(?)...How hard is it to use a z bracket?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to figure this all out before buying anything and I've only had one other build experience under my belt. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've looked up the part numbers and blown up images and it looks like the Vegas rear fender is the same for the 2016 models as previous models. I've done the same on the Kingpin, so I'm hoping that any Kingpin fender from any year would work on my 2016 Vegas 8 Ball?

The other question is if the Cross Country bags are a direct mount to the Kingpin fender regardless of the model years the Cross Country bags were made for...?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes, both the Vegas and Kingpin fenders are the same for all years. Just taillight and wiring harness different.

You still need custom brackets to mount the CC or XR bags to a kingpin fender on a vegas or kingpin bike. All bags are the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome. I have the Kingpin rear fender and the Cross Country hard saddlebags, along with a KP rear tail light assembly. Waiting on brackets from Bill Taylor now as Witchdoctor didn't seem to have them. Have a license plate mount and an 'all in one' license plate frame that has LED turn lights built in (got as a deal). Anything else on the rear end I need?

By the way, I actually will have 2 KP fenders as the first one I bought was red and just stumbled on to a gloss black on that I wouldn't have to paint so bought it today and will see the red one if anyone is interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts