Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could one of you kind Kingpin owners please pop off your r/h sidecover and lay alongside your bike with a tape measure?
Eyeball the centre of the top shock bolt with the top of the tape then run the rest of the tape measure down past your swingarm till its roughly in line with the bottom bolt centre?
That will give me the length of a Kingpin shocky, as they are supposedly longer than the rest of the steel frame cruisers shocks.
Thanks in advance.

·
13,027 Posts
p/n 1542391 vegas p/n 1542391 king pin

I went to victory's web page and searched the parts section and came up with vegas and king pin have the same part.

·
13,027 Posts
jocky
In another post he said he wants to go up. Not down.
your right the 8 ball has a shorter shock

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats right, I'd like to go up in shock length not down.
Sounds like the Vegas Low and Vegas 8 ball both run the 355mm - 14" shock as standard then.
Somehow my 2010 Vegas Low has ended up with a 368mm shock, which so far seems to be the longest stock shock offered from Vic in a steel frame cruiser.
Was hoping the info of Kingpin having a longer shock was correct but at this rate its not looking good.
Thanks fellas, if anyone else has measurements please keep em coming.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can someone with a Kingpin please measure their shock for me?

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bumps this up in the hope a Kingpin owner will see it and get the measuring tape out:)

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kingpin rider could you please measure your rear shocky eye to eye for me , it's really not that difficult.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bumps this up in the vain hope

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I remember right, victory stopped putting the longer travel rear shocks in KPs around 2010-2011. The last few years of production, they all had the shorter 3" travel shocks. I have an 8-ball KP with the shorter shock, so that won't help you if you're looking for the length of a long one you need 2010 an earlier.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bumped up my 2014 Highball from the shorter 14" (355mm) shock to the longer 14-1/2" (368mm) shock from a 2005 Vegas. Made a world of difference in cornering and handling.

Hope this info helps.
Thanks mate, I discovrred my Vegas aint actually a Low!
Its got the 368mm standard.
I upgraded to a Progressive 465 Series shock,
Same 368mm but its a world of difference to the ride and handling, combined with the Airhawk R cushion and the Grasshopper backrest my Vegas is a keeper.
Gonna keep my paid for For Sale ads running but and if I get the top dollar price Im after thatll allow me to upgrade to the much better sprung Crossroads and hot it up a bit.
But for now Im a happy man:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts