Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to upgrade the tail light on my 08 Kingpin Tour. All my research indicates that the tail light voltage is 3-9 volts, so I was leaning towards installing the led kit that is available. Took it apart tonight and out of curiosity, checked the voltage. Getting 10.37 on the tail, and 10.99 on the brake. It is a single led and harness only has two leads. Voltage is probably too high for the kit and not enough for the 09 replacement light. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I don't know if I can help, but I will try. I installed an '09 light on my KP.Mine is of the 9 volt variety.I didn't check voltage however when I did it. I just knew my model year would be 9v. The tail light is wired through the ACM (auto cancel module).So, on mine, I had to bypass the ACM. I posted the write up I used(which I aquired from another guy).Just search tail light upgrade.I think that will work.
I am not sure if your model year is supposed to have 9v or 12v to the tail, but I suspect that it would be 9v, since the upgrade comes from an '09.

I just reread your post.My old light('05), had 2 wires.The '09 had 3. So it sounds like yours is the same as mine was.
You may need an adapter to go from 9 to 12.Or do like I did and bypass the ACM.You may want to consult a service manual first though to confirm the voltage your current setup has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts