Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you bolt a stock Kingpin wheel on a Vegas? Is that the only difference between the bikes other that the floor boards?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Can you bolt a stock Kingpin wheel on a Vegas? Is that the only difference between the bikes other that the floor boards?
The 18" wheel on the Kingpin is not the only difference... Along with the floor boards, the Kingpin also has inverted forks, upgraded seat, more suspension travel, and different fenders.

Are you looking to change the rear as well, or just the front? If you plan on changing the rear as well, be aware that the Kingpin uses a longer wiring harness, and along with the Kingpin fender (which is bolt on) you will need the Kingpin tail light and turn signals, as well as license bracket.

I just saw someone's picture of their Vegas with all (or most) of the Kingpin updates. It was a post here a few days ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Kingpin is the only model with the inverted fork? For some reason I thought the vegas was also just pegs vs floorboards and different fenders and wheels:confused:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
So Kingpin is the only model with the inverted fork? For some reason I thought the vegas was also just pegs vs floorboards and different fenders and wheels:confused:
Yes, Kingpin has them, Vegas doesn't. Also worth mentioning is the different rake, with the Kingpin being stretched out more. They designed the 'pin with the intent of light touring, while the Vegas was designed with a more boulevard cruising approach.

So, you still didn't answer my question. Were you looking to swap the front only or rear as well?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No rear wheel change. I came across what I guess is a kingpin with vegas controls and a vegas front wheel and fender. It is listed as a victory only. Just had me confused. Just called him and he said it is kingpin with vegas fenders and forward controls...interesting

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
No rear wheel change. I came across what I guess is a kingpin with vegas controls and a vegas front wheel and fender. It is listed as a victory only. Just had me confused. Just called him and he said it is kingpin with vegas fenders and forward controls...interesting
Ahh, thought you were looking to make that change. I wonder if the whole front end was changed, or just the wheel. Do you have its VIN? We can find out exactly what it is if you do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts