1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
I tried something similar to those that had the blue glass. I didn't care for them but I don't think the quality was as good as these since I only paid something like $25 for them. I'm keeping them around as emergency spares now.

There are quite a few on ebay that look pretty good.

PS: I'm working on the XC shields. It's a very different configuration but I think I can make them look good and work well. It's just going to take a little longer than I hoped.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a bran new set, little different mirror shape that I will sale. I bought them and then didn't like the looks. Mirror were great, glass was fine, quality was good, just decided I didn't like the black mirrors. Let me know. these have only been installed, never riden with.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried something similar to those that had the blue glass. I didn't care for them but I don't think the quality was as good as these since I only paid something like $25 for them. I'm keeping them around as emergency spares now.

There are quite a few on ebay that look pretty good.

PS: I'm working on the XC shields. It's a very different configuration but I think I can make them look good and work well. It's just going to take a little longer than I hoped.
Thanks Bob...like I said in an earlier post...when you get them ready, I'm in.

Wally

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a bran new set, little different mirror shape that I will sale. I bought them and then didn't like the looks. Mirror were great, glass was fine, quality was good, just decided I didn't like the black mirrors. Let me know. these have only been installed, never riden with.
I really like the ones I see on eBay...but I am also open to seeing what you have and for how much. What about some pics?

·
Registered
790 Posts
In my opinion, you're getting what you pay for. Bought a set cause looked good and were cheap, then returned them. Light weight, thin chroming, vibrated more than stock.

I think the box they came in was heavier than the mirrors, but then it may have been the model I tried.

·
Registered
573 Posts
In my opinion, you're getting what you pay for. Bought a set cause looked good and were cheap, then returned them. Light weight, thin chroming, vibrated more than stock.

I think the box they came in was heavier than the mirrors, but then it may have been the model I tried.

:ltr::ltr:

Pretty funny. You are 100% correct. For me, that's the trouble with ail order mirrors. Too much variation in quality and hard to tell untill you get them.

These look good though...post results if you get them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought kiwav mirrors, though from a different seller (directly from I think kiwav) and a lot funkier version. They really stand out, come in all colors, matched with my orange vegas. Can send a pic if you want.

They look great, pretty light weight, but less vibration than the ones I had on. Glass on the version I bought was very clear, though trying to get used to the smaller size.

The only problem I had was with the universal adapter to fit the vic. What a pain in the ass to get it tight and in position!

cheers

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these mirrors...I replaced my stock mirrors on my 2012 XCT with the Victory ovals...and the mirror glass is poor quality and even scratched...I'm either gonna go back to stock mirrors or these...

Anyone try these before:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271019918078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
they look like good mirrors but pics don't tell the whole story worth giving these folks a call I'm new to the Vic but the mirrors on the XCT are just wrong in looks and I think the position is just not right I've moved them around but still feel like coverage is just barely good enough to get by

I see you have the zumo link in your sig maybe you can give me some help with my 550???

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see you have the zumo link in your sig maybe you can give me some help with my 550???
LOL...yes, that is my GPS forum. :D

I'm not what you call a "power" user...even though it's my website. I can answer some questions, but I have some REAL experts on the site.

I have owned the zumo 550, 660, and 665. Send me a PM and I'll see if I can answer it...but if I can't, I am sure someone on the zumoforums.com can.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking for a GOOD QUALITY GLASS oval or similar mirror. I bought the Victory Ovals...and while I liked them, the glass quality was terrible, AND my latest 3000 mile trip I spend the last 1000 miles screwing around with my mirror spinning on the left side...finally took the SUPER glue to it...but I want new mirrors.

Not interested in skull hands, teardrops, flames or anything else YOUNGER than I am...I just want a good set of medium sized, glass mirrors that work!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Arkiebiker,

I have the black Medusa model mirrors from Kiwav on my XC. I found them to be excellent quality and hold their position well. The finish is excellent and the glass is great too. In fact, they hardly ever vibrate at all on my stock handlebars so the image is always clear. I've got a couple pics of them on my bike if you need to see them installed. Let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts