Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Klock works shield on my XCT for about 400 miles and today I found a crack at the left lower mount. I've put shields on before and I know I did not over tighten this thing. It is brand new and broken. I did get nailed by some crazy cross winds today, I do know it was not there before today as I just got done doing a full detail on the bike and polished out the screen. Calling the dealership tomorrow, better be able to warranty the thing.

Anyone else had this happen or have heard of issues with Klock-works?

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Saw one today cracked on the flared part. No obvious reason for it...just cracked.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links, must have failed at searching last night. Spelling the brand right would have helped.

Mine must be the new version as I got a ton of washers with it. I think I'll add a foam washer as well on the new one.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had one of the first Klock Werks windshields and it cracked at the mounting holes. They did replace the windshield and told me to add rubber washers to the top of the bolts along with the bottom of the bolts. That worked for a few thousand miles. But unfortunately I've got cracks around the mounting holes again.

I really like the windshield but I may have to go another direction in the future. This is the 3rd windshield that I've had to deal with cracking along the mounting holes (1 Victory flip and 2 Klock Werks) and it's getting pretty old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts