Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the KlockWerks Flare windshield for my 2013 XCT. I am trying to install the windshield, but don't like the fit. I removed the windshield brackets for the stock windshield. When I install the KW the bottom edge of the windshield overlaps and touches the edge of the faring. Also, I installed all the washers and I still have a gap between the windshield and the bracket. Is there a trick I am missing to installing this or is this just the way the thing fits?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I had a KlockWerks Flare the first year on my XCT (2012). I had the dealer install it during set-up out of the crate -- I knew I didn't want a "look-through" windshield -- and sold the unused tall stocker (and later sold the Flare, and now have a Madstad system, but that's a different story).

So, I can't provide first-hand installation help, but I do have a couple of pics lying around that may help you out.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the picks. From the pictures it looks as though the windshield actually tucks behind the fairing rather than overlaps on the outside. Didn't look like there was enough room for this on my set-up. I'll have to try that.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Thanks for the picks. From the pictures it looks as though the windshield actually tucks behind the fairing rather than overlaps on the outside. Didn't look like there was enough room for this on my set-up. I'll have to try that.

Thanks
Not a problem.

As I... vaguely... recall -- it's been a while -- I think there was also a rubber strip down in there, that prevents movement somewhat. Perhaps someone who has a Flare now could chime in on this.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Thanks
Yes, the windshield tucks behind the fairing and does not overlap the outside. All of the non-touring windshields install like that (except the Mastad system obviously).

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had an issue with my fairing, from the factory there are 2 strips of plastic to reduce vibration on the backside just below where the windshield should sit. It cost 3 broken KW shields before I found that one was crooked and put pressure on an edge. I was out of the KW short warranty and Vic wouldn't help either after the 2nd broke. I'm using the 3rd now and almost a year and the current crack has not spread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input.

This helps a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed the windshield last night successfully, thanks to everyone's comments. I had to remove the two rubber strips between the fairing and dash in order to get the windshield low enough to line up. Took it for a short ride and didn't notice any rattles or vibrations. Like the look and ride of the windshield. It actually reduced the engine noise that was bouncing off the stock windshield.

Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Something else you can do to protect the fairing and windshield from scratching and create a vibration dampener is to get a piece of car door edge trim from any auto parts place - less than $5. Cut to fit the fairing along the edge where it contacts the windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts