Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

Thought I'd share thoughts on my 2012 Kingpin I've had a month now. Soon due for the 500 mile service.

First I've been very pleased with the improvements they've made to the transmission. Much easier to shift than my 2008 Vegas 8-Ball. Sure nice to be able to find neutral again. Esp at long lights.

Even the gas tank is better. I was always splashing gas out of the tank on the Vegas. This bike not so much. Small thing I know.

Find the floor boards a very comfortable way to ride. Also seem to ride higher which I like.

Was pleasantly surprised liking the big ass mid size windscreen. Kind of ugly but virtually no buffeting.

Gas mileage slight improvement. Must be the overdrive, I ride a lot of superslab.

My only gripe is the suspension seems rather stiff. Doesn't come close to bottoming out but even past Harleys I've had wasn't so jarring. I could adjust the rear shock but what can I do about the front?

And what tyre pressure to use? The manual is different from the label on the down tube.

All in all though this bike might be my favorite so far!

regards

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
...And what tyre pressure to use? The manual is different from the label on the down tube...
Follow the manual. The tire is not exclusively made for your bike, while the manual recommends a tire pressure based on your bike's weight. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Greetings

Thought I'd share thoughts on my 2012 Kingpin I've had a month now. Soon due for the 500 mile service.

First I've been very pleased with the improvements they've made to the transmission. Much easier to shift than my 2008 Vegas 8-Ball. Sure nice to be able to find neutral again. Esp at long lights.

Even the gas tank is better. I was always splashing gas out of the tank on the Vegas. This bike not so much. Small thing I know.

Find the floor boards a very comfortable way to ride. Also seem to ride higher which I like.

Was pleasantly surprised liking the big ass mid size windscreen. Kind of ugly but virtually no buffeting.

Gas mileage slight improvement. Must be the overdrive, I ride a lot of superslab.

My only gripe is the suspension seems rather stiff. Doesn't come close to bottoming out but even past Harleys I've had wasn't so jarring. I could adjust the rear shock but what can I do about the front?

And what tyre pressure to use? The manual is different from the label on the down tube.

All in all though this bike might be my favorite so far!

regards
The rear spring pre-load is adjustable with a spanner.

I noticed on a specialty painted KP that it sat much lower than the standard. I thought they had a different shock on it, but the salesman was pretty sure they just cranked all the useful spring out of it to give it a "slammed" look. How thoughtful.

Maybe someone got carried away with yours too?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations on the new Kingpin. I really like the looks of the Kingpin. I was considering buying a used Kingpin Tour before I bought a Cross Country Tour. If I could have two bikes the Kingpin would be my second bike. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts