1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bought one when I had my Kingpin, but sent it back and got the grantour bag. For one person on a overnight it might be ok. I found it to be too small. I was using it with two up. I had saddle bags but it didn't hold much.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I also have the grantour bag and I would suggest you go with it instead of the day bag. The grantour is big enough to hold close to a weeks worth of stuff for a solo trip but small enough that it does not look to bad. I used mine several times a year on my Suzuki M50 but have not needed it on my XR, the bags hold plenty for a week trip for me. Plan on getting a luggage rack this summer and put the grantour on that for some 2-up trips.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Well, since you asked what we're using, I've been using a medium MotoFizz bag for a decade or so: http://www.aerostich.com/medium-motofizz-camping-seat-bag.html

All kinds of adjustable attachment and closure straps, nets, helmet (or worn clothes) built-in bag, tough, outside water bottle holder, big, detachable shaving-kit compartment, separate side zippers, and on and on.

I like this so much that it's my checked luggage on planes, and I take it on overnight car trips, too. The medium is pretty large, but with some sideways overhang it will fit on the passenger seat (on my XCT, on my Burgman before that, and my Valkyrie before that, and...).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts