Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a set had problems with adhesive not sticking on small end. I steam cleaned the area to be used and used alcohol wipes that come with Eyebrows. Followed all instructions proper temp for installation etc. Small end wouldn't adhere to Fairing. Contacted Kuryakyn Support said they would try to suggest fix. When they found out I bought from a Vendor not their web site got no reply. Waited another day emailed again was told I didn't prep Fairing good enough even though I did extra by steaming Fairing was told I should contact seller about problem but they would still try to help. I ended up rigging up a way to keep pressure on the Eyebrow I think the adhesive on the small end was not close enough to the surface to get good contact with Fairing let it sit overnight seems to be working wasn't a cleaning problem. So much for Kuryakyn support should say support for products bought on our site. Won't buy their products anymore. Buyer beware.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
gotcha in the black n white pic it looks like pinstriping.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I have to agree with Kuryakyn support. A few years ago, I had an extension break. They replaced it without question. This past year, I had another one break, and they wouldn't even talk to me. They suggested I buy a new one.

Guess what I did not buy? Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BBob

They look nice keeps your Ride from looking like a cookie cutter copy of a model. Some Riders are satisfied for their Ride to just blend in some like to have their own look. Did you do the front fender and other areas? Looks like front fender is done too.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Never had much Kury luck. Some products are good and some are just moneymakers for them. Chrome never lasts. If they put some amber l.e.d.s in those eye brows and offered them in black I might take a look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never had much Kury luck. Some products are good and some are just moneymakers for them. Chrome never lasts. If they put some amber l.e.d.s in those eye brows and offered them in black I might take a look.
I've had a lot of their products seems the LED items didn't hold up had Panacea tail light on a H-D FLHTC after a year or so the LEDs started to burn out in spots so I stayed away from their light products. Just won't deal with a company that won't stand behind their product.

·
Premium Member
13,645 Posts
They look nice keeps your Ride from looking like a cookie cutter copy of a model. Some Riders are satisfied for their Ride to just blend in some like to have their own look. Did you do the front fender and other areas? Looks like front fender is done too.
Yes. It's a kit anyone can buy which comes in lots of colors. In these pics the striping looks red but in person it looks more orange. People are always asking me if I'm a Bronco's fan. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are those chrome looking strips he has on his fairing. Just for looks if that's your thing.
If you mean a Fairing you'll find a Fairing offers more protection than a windshield. Was caught in a heavy snow storm at the Grand Canyon one time that started as light hail Fairing would have been better protection than the Windshield the 93 FLHS I was riding had. If you mean adding accents to the Fairing well I like my Ride to have a look of it's own. One of the reasons I didn't buy another H-D I see you owned one my guess is you bought one because that's fashion these days to own one when I bought my first one in 1975 H-D was on hard times not popular like today. Then people like you find out their high maintenance. I know I've owned a number of them over the last 38 years another reason I switched to Victory this time still own my third H-D 1983 FLHS still enjoy riding it but it's not as low maintenance as my XC H-D in general isn't as dependable as Victory at least that' my experience. I'd say you'll be moving along to the next fad in motorcycles soon enjoy your journey ride safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. It's a kit anyone can buy which comes in lots of colors. In these pics the striping looks red but in person it looks more orange. People are always asking me if I'm a Bronco's fan. :D

WOW that's really nice looking who sells them? Is it a vinyl stick on? Being a Bears fan I Like the color scheme My guess is I won't run across another one that looks like yours ride safe your ride look great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts