Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been thinking of upgrading the headlight o my 2014 Jackpot to an LED. Saw the Kuryakyn Phase 7 LED Headlight that supposedly fits any 7" headlight, as it comes with the LED and reflector. Has anybody tried this?

But then I found another one at superbrightleds web site that appears to be about the same as the Kuryakyn, but is only $180 instead of $300 for the Kuryakyn.

Better yet, just found out that the Kuryakyn Phase 7 LED headlight is just the Truck-Lite 7" Round LED Headlamp (p/n: 27270C) repackaged by Kuryakyn, and can be had for $174 on Amazon!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, just purchased the Truck-Lite 7" Round LED Headlamp (p/n: 27270C) via eBay for $163. Will let you guys know how it works out, just in case anyone might be curious.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Chopper make sure to let us know how it turns out...I've been looking at the black LED headlight for my Vegas 8 Ball.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, will do.
It was interesting to see that the Kuryakyn Phase 7 LED headlight that goes for $300 is nothing more than a repackaged Truck-Lite 7" Round LED Headlamp (p/n: 27270C) that goes for $174 on Amazon. It states that right on the Amazon site under the "Question and Answers" section, which you can see here:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-27270C-Headlamp/dp/B007K8AA7I[/ame]

Hopefully I'll have the headlight by this weekend and can then post an update.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I put the Truck-Lite 7" LED in my previous HD Switchback and it was an excellent headlight and a huge improvement over stock.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed the HID headlamp from victoryhid.com for $79.99 shipped. Ordered on a Friday and came in the following Tuesday. This price included: low and high beam HID bulbs, ballasts, and igniters. This has a lifetime warranty on the entire system. Wiring and components shows very high quality. Took all of 20 minutes to install fitting everything in the headlamp casing. Truly a simple plug an play.

Had a choice between 5000k and 6000k. I opted for 5000k (little less blue but after investingating the 5000k is more illuminating). The improvement is fantastic!

My reason for this HID (other than the obvious price value) was this company only sells Victory HID's and also I preferred the look of the stock composite lens over the look of the LED.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I put the Truck-Lite 7" LED in my previous HD Switchback and it was an excellent headlight and a huge improvement over stock.

My brother in law put one of those in his V92 and loves it. His was free from his work... They ordered too many and it was just sitting around...
Some folks have all the luck :rolleyes:thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

PaiN , I just cant picture a man of your stature riding that shitbox ..... Its in comprehendible !

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
PaiN , I just cant picture a man of your stature riding that shitbox ..... Its in comprehendible !
Hey easy up.....I used to like that lil' bike. At one time I was very happy to see it after a long winter in storage....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, went to install the Truck-Lite 7" Round LED Headlamp (p/n: 27270C) into my 2014 Jackpot, and it does not fit! More or less goes into the headlight housing (or bucket as I guess it's called), but it just doesn't sit right, and there's no way to get the stock outside ring back on. Looks like it's back to the drawing board!

Been thinking of replacing the headlight bucket for a while now, so maybe I'll just do that and get one that fits this headlight. That said, is the Victory headlight mount different than your typical Harley style? It appears that the mount is wider than what I'm used to seeing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cant imagine there being many direct headlamp swaps for Victory bikes due to the irregular but incredibly stylish and distinctive shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts