693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
booty68 , on here has one and he loves it . I rode his bike and I liked too . Looks good , feels good , quality build and cool zippered storage pocket . I figure Pain will return his by Monday afternoon .:grin

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll hit up Booty68 to get his input, too. Looking forward to hear your thoughts, Pain. From what I see, it includes the rest AND the mount?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll hit up Booty68 to get his input, too. Looking forward to hear your thoughts, Pain. From what I see, it includes the rest AND the mount?
Yes, its all there to install and use. Mount, back-rest and storage pouch.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, its all there to install and use. Mount, back-rest and storage pouch.
If you only paid $170, I would check to make sure you got the right one. 1656 is the Vic one and that's about $200 all over the place. 1670 is the HD one for $170. Just thought I'd let you know, just to be safe!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Anyone using this? I've heard from a lot of people that the Vic one is the best and that the Grasshopper one is flimsy...but haven't seen anything on the one from Kuryakyn. They generally do quality stuff so figured I'd check before pulling the trigger.

Plug-N-Go Driver Backrest | Backrests | Touring & Comfort | Kuryakyn
There is NOTHING wrong with the Grasshopper for it's intended use and price. One hell of a lot cheaper and does the same job. Wife said she don't need no damn storage pocket cause she ain't screwing round with anything that would require one, while we are riding.
I like my Grasshopper.

Someone wants to spend more and say theirs is better because it cost more or has more gadgets or is more complex, but still does the same job, HEY it's a free world man. :grin

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd be more than happy to sell you a brand new Victory Backrest Pad and Mount OP. But I think you already know that...

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Super fast shipping :) the back rest was sitting on my porch when I got in form a ride today. No chance to get it installed tonight, but I did open it up. All parts seem very high quality and there is much more adjustability to it than I was aware of(the mount has cant adjustment).

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
the mount has cant adjustment
+1 for possible first use of "cant" on the forum (disregarding left-out apostrophes when "can't" is meant).

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
+1 for possible first use of "cant" on the forum (disregarding left-out apostrophes when "can't" is meant).
"cant" referrers to the the forward or back angle of the post.....Is that not correct?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
"cant" referrers to the the forward or back angle of the post.....Is that not correct?
You bet! It's just sort of rare, is all.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
There is NOTHING wrong with the Grasshopper for it's intended use and price. One hell of a lot cheaper and does the same job. Wife said she don't need no damn storage pocket cause she ain't screwing round with anything that would require one, while we are riding.
I like my Grasshopper.

Someone wants to spend more and say theirs is better because it cost more or has more gadgets or is more complex, but still does the same job, HEY it's a free world man. :grin
I agree 100%..the Grasshopper on my Vegas offers great lower back support solo, and comes out in a flash and into my saddlebag when a lady needs a ride..

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
The Grasshopper too me, looks oversize and I'd assume my wife would want it out when we ride. Which would be okay, except for the fact that we do a lot of long rides together and I'd like to use the back rest during them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Grasshopper too me, looks oversize and I'd assume my wife would want it out when we ride. Which would be okay, except for the fact that we do a lot of long rides together and I'd like to use the back rest during them.
I take it she's a carpenters wet dream then? Flat as a board? :devil
The Grasshopper IS thicker, but that's all padding and when I lean back against it I appreciate that padding, it's is actually shorter and narrower then the Vic or Kury backrests. Butt, to each their own.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Pretty easy install, I even followed the torque specs in the instructions :) , adjustment wasn't difficult either and I think its a good match with the DS mid-stitch touring seat. Now for that West Virginia ride to test it out..... :grin

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Well use it if you like, its up to you, if its a problem leave her at home.
Ive used mine with a passenger too but it isolates, like having a lady in the back of your pickup truck not squeezed in next to you in the cab.
That's how it feels to me.
Cross bikes seating has more room for separation than a Vegas I presume, so just how together can you get on one anyway?
I don't own one so I don't know.
If I happen to be carrying a male then I leave the backrest in place,
but a female its nice to get up close and both be at one with the machine.
Riding hard together on a Victory...
If you happen to pass Daisy Duke broken down in her Stingray on a lonely West Virginny backroad will the backrest stay in or get put in the bags.
You don't have to answer that (it's a trick question) :devil

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Its not a space issue with my wife. She's on the smaller side and when we're riding together I don't even feel her behind me. She does keep her legs in and I was afraid with the Grasshopper the Oversize(looking) pad would cramp her riding style. We did a quick sit test with the Kuryakyn tonight and she said it didn't bother her.
I think I'm going to like having it too. I can picture putting my feet on the toe pegs, leaning back on the rest and be on a long ass ride somewhere..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts