Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a Kuryakyn Skinni Mini White Light to their Cross
Country headlight ring. Would like feedback about install. I have factory HID low beam and need to find best place to splice hot wire. Thanks.

·
13,003 Posts
never here much bad about Kuryakyn go to there web site and you might find a pdf file on how to install it

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just a note about this light ring - for legal reasons it is intended to be on only when the bike is PARKED. So, if wired to factory Kury specs, it will go out when the bike is in gear. (pointless IMO). So you may not want to follow their wiring specs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Has anyone added a Kuryakyn Skinni Mini White Light to their Cross
Country headlight ring. Would like feedback about install. I have factory HID low beam and need to find best place to splice hot wire. Thanks.
Sand Man, I just completed this install this evening and I have a 6K HID LOW/HI setup. I don't have my cable to my phone our I would post a pic. IMO it doesn't look bright as the HID' and you don't see them. I purchased two kits so I may go in and add the other one. I tap off the Low beam bike wiring which is Pink/Yellow (+) BLK (-).

If you haven't started yet try and place the led strips close to the edge of the headlight as possible. I had mines sort of in the middle. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sand Man, I readjusted the light strip by placing it closer to the edge on the glass itself, I also had to change the orientation of the light strip because I had it backwards. Also when looking at the pic on the instructions just insure the flat edge of the led's are facing out, as in front of bike. See pic this is after making the correction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts