Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike started out as an 09 Kingpin 8 Ball. Sent it over to Brian Klock at Klockwerks in Mitchell, SD to work his magic and make me a light tourer.
Just got the bike back and I love it. Here is an incomplete list of additions: KW Klip Hangers fully adjustable handlebars, 21" RC Components "Eclipse" Front wheel wrapped in Pirelli rubber, KW "Slicer" front fender, complete one off rear tin designed to match the Cross bags, custom bag hardware that moved the bags slightly up and slightly forward, Lloydz air box Bassani 2-1 exhaust and PowerCommander.
Several of the engine parts were converted to gloss black from flat.
All of that covered in a rich silver over black with a marbled deep red accent stripe

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
You got Cross bags on your Kingpin?!? I'm impressed! May have to look that one up. Just travelled 11 days, two up and camping with my stock Kingpin Tour bags.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It looks great. I really like the bags. Could you post more pictures from other angles. You got a nice :ltr:eek:ne!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That's one sweet looking ride. cheers It looks like it lightened your wallet a bit too.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Good looking machine... One question why no fairing? That would look sick with a wide open custom or maybe the batwing by Memphis shades.
Could be he was looking for the bagger look and not the touring look much like the difference between an XR and an XC. Could always use the same windshield brackets to attach a fairing or MS style fairing. Quick change out for longer trips. Attach some wing lowers to the forks and away you go.

This is one sharp KP. I would absolutely love to do this to mine but I'd need a significant windfall to do it. I like the way the front tucked-in fender gives the impression it was raked. Super well done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
opted out on the fairing. The idea was to maintain all that I like about the Kingpin but add a light touring element to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
front fender

Could be he was looking for the bagger look and not the touring look much like the difference between an XR and an XC. Could always use the same windshield brackets to attach a fairing or MS style fairing. Quick change out for longer trips. Attach some wing lowers to the forks and away you go.

This is one sharp KP. I would absolutely love to do this to mine but I'd need a significant windfall to do it. I like the way the front tucked-in fender gives the impression it was raked. Super well done.
Good eye. I too had to ask if he raked the front end. Between the KW fender and the mini-apes it gave the impression of longer look. The work changed the stance of the bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what year bags.. I have an 08 and would love to convert to that..
Okie,
To my knowledge, the Cross bags have been the same since their inception. These particular bags come off of a 2011. Give the folks at KlockWerks a call at 605-996-3700 or swing by their truck if you're going to Sturgis and I'm sure they can help you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Beautifully done. This may be the best adaptation of the Cross bags on a Kingpin that I have seen to date. The custom rear fender is the piece that ties it together! Very nice

1 - 20 of 35 Posts