1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice that Kuryakyn is slowly but surely adding to the Victory lineup.

Myself I'm waiting for Witchdoctor to put these on sale again *hint* Jon

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1901/victory-motorcycle-parts-cheese-wedges-engine-components-sc-584/
If you insist on buying his cheese wedges PM me and I will let you know everything you have to do to install them. There video is very misleading and does not address multiple issues that need to be done to install them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the fact that they bolt on and not snap on , hopefully they will make other designs in the future at this price, this one is not for me

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
$300 reasonable for glam stuff? You a gummint worker?

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
You do know Kury makes most of Victory's accessories right?

These look ok but only on the right bike. They look too Harleyesk to me though.

I went with the Vic alternative on my XC and like the simplicity of them better than these but to each their own.

An old pic but you get the idea.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I don't buy kewlmetal stuff anymore since I've found their customer service lacking and chrome of poor quality.

That being said I'll probably get flamed but I don't go around saying how bad I think their stuff is every opportunity I get.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You do know Kury makes most of Victory's accessories right?

These look ok but only on the right bike. They look too Harleyesk to me though.

I went with the Vic alternative on my XC and like the simplicity of them better than these but to each their own.

An old pic but you get the idea.

Revolution Manufacturing is also making Victory branded parts as well. They are fixing to release a super nice set of floorboards under the Victory brand.

I have the Victory branded Kuyakyn mirrors, they are very nice and look great and Victory priced them the same price that Kuyakyn sells the same mirror for without the Victory branding on them. These are very nice and heavy duty built mirrors.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Kuryakyn has a set of anodized aluminum bolt on cheese wedges available for Victory's.

Reasonably priced at $300 dollars for the set.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4608/Bahn-Ignition-Covers

There is choice in Victory parts.
300$ for chinese made parts, I'll pass. I don't understand how they can charge that kind of money for something made in china. Custom hand made, in the USA, start just bit more than that. That's where I'll spend my hard earned $$...besides it's kuryakyn the wall mart of bike parts...

·
Registered
104 Posts
$300 reasonable for glam stuff? You a gummint worker?
My thought exactly. Guess that makes me cheap but... Just a cover? No extra function? no moving parts? Just a milled out shell with contrasting finishes... It replaces plastic but that's just about all it does. Not taking a shot at anyone who likes that sort of thing, i just don't think its worth as much as they're charging.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In my opinion almost all aftermarket parts cost two to three times more than they should. That is what you get when for most people motorcycles are more toys than something that is needed.

This is one of the least expensive cheese wedges if not the cheapest one that is a bolt on made out of aluminum cheese wedge on the market.

It is also different in design instead of the same cheese wedge with just another graphic put on it. You guys can't have it all, i.e. you bitch and moan because of lack of aftermarket parts yet when other companies parts are put forth as a choice they get ridiculed.

You do understand we live in a global economy now don't you? Bill Clinton many years ago set us off in a direction that gave up manufacturing in favor of becoming a services based economy. The problem with becoming a services based economy is all great nations were built from being manufacturing power houses.

We are now suffering the results of giving up our manufacturing base. China is building their economy by becoming a manufacturing based nation. Look at our countries debt and look at China. They hold a good portion of America's debt today. You can't even buy a hydraulic jack that is made and owned by an American company today.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kuryakyn is an American company created by Tom Rudd (same guy who established Drag Specialties) and Pat Furlong. Kuryakyn was sold to Motorsports Aftermarket Group which also owns Vance and Hines, Progressive Suspension, Mustang Motorcycle Seats, Performance Machine, Renthal, and others, just FYI.

http://www.maggroup.com/magcompanies/index.asp

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Personally, I like the stock look of the wedges. The looks of them add that touch of class to these bikes. If they were metal (aluminum) they would be nicer. I wouldn't want to pay $300 to $400 to replace them with something after market.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts