Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm demoing a KW screen the flare tint. I like the fact I can see over it don't like the distortion or the fact it mounts under the fairing rather than over. I see 7Jurock makes a flip and OEM style for the XCT that mounts using the 6 holes rather than 4 to mount their screens. How do I know which is comparable to the KW demo I'm using of height. Or how do I measure for height. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I didn't look at the mounting details, but the Klock Works screen was a huge improvement over the OEM low screen.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I had a Klockwerks Flare (not to be confused with the shorty Victory Flip) for my first riding season. I never used the stock XCT tall windshield (sold it, without its ever being mounted) because I never want to look through windshields (and did a lot of Vic test rides before my purchase), but that's me.

I liked the Flare a lot, but replaced it earlier this year with an 11" Madstad system ( http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.2446/.f ), just to try something new. For my height -- 5'9" -- and normalish torso, they are both very good and very similar in airflow. Height is very important, more so with the Flare; I have a riding buddy, 6'+, and for him the Flare was too low, resulting in a little too much buffeting. So keep that in mind. The Madstad comes in 9", 11", and 13", and is adjustable, anyway (and pretty inexpensive).

Don't worry about the XCT mounts. All you have to do is remove those extra brackets on the XCT -- the ones that support the barn-door windshield -- and, voila, you have an XC, in terms of windshield holes. I just said I had an XC for my Madstad order, and that was that.

Back to the Flare. It didn't bother me that the Flare mounts underneath the fairing edge.

I have a few pics of the Madstad in my gallery (link below, in signature). For the Flare, I have 32 pics that I put up in a separate group months ago, when Klockwerks asked on some forum if anyone had any pics they could use. That group is here -- http://www.billanddot.com/klockwerks-flare/ -- and includes a few detailed mounting-area shots.

Hope you find some of this info useful.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After riding today about 300 miles I can't get use to the distortion on the KW Flare, I would like some OEM style around that height. The KW measures 11" from the top of the lower opening to top of the windscreen. The 7Jurock has something OEM style 12" has anyone used this screen. I would like something shorter than the OEM XCT screen. Thanks

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I've got the Madstat bracket and windscreen real versatile had it fitted right after getting my 2013 last July and I've got over 18K with it and it works in all kinds of weather I'm 5'9" with stock seat I live not far from the manufacturer and let Mark use my bike for fitting in fact didn't know til today my bike(black XCT) is on their website showing the Vics having an adjustable shield makes a huge difference even tho at this point I pretty much leave it alone the extra tilt is nice especially down south

·
Registered
269 Posts
I used the KW for about 100 miles. Check out the yellow line looking through the KW..
Yes that is very annoying but I had a really dark shield before the CW so I'm kinda used to not seeing anything through the shield.. One good thing is since I'm short I can look under the flip if need be. Dies anyone make a flip that doesn't distort the field if view in that area? I don't see how it would be possible..
Question about madstat ...: what happens in the rain.. At hwy speed the flip puts most if the water over my head.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I'm surprised no one has chimed in about Gustafsson windscreens. Not only can you get the tint you desire but they come with the "Euroflip" edge design and come in an assortment of heights as well.

http://www.bikescreen.com/products.asp?cat=122

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Question about madstat ...: what happens in the rain.. At hwy speed the flip puts most if the water over my head.
Rain or shine, the two air streams -- i.e., the in-front stream and the coming-from-underneath one -- join together near the top of the windshield, and go on their merry way (over your head). Doesn't matter whether the air streams contain water or not. I verified this shortly after I got my Madstad, and very carefully moved fingers about and around both streams during my first good rain with the shield on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts