Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would do just what the title states. First I got a set of black wedges for experimenting on and think I am just going to keep them. Like them better than the chrome.

First thing I did was a search on this site and found a couple of folks that had already did it. I ordered the LEDs from super bright led.
5mm with the holder and also a metal style holder. Did not like the metal ones after I got them so I did not used them.
Step 1 remove wedges.

Step 2 use 17/64 drill bit and drill out the dimples for mounting the LEDS

Step 3 test your LED before installing.

step 4 I put the plastic holders on the LEDs and an pushed into the cheese wedge

Step 5 the bird's nest as my wife called. Start trimming and soldering.

Step 6 check for operation after doing a couple. I would not wait to check them at the.. don't ask me how I learned that.

Step 7 I used liquid tape and covered all the joints.

The last pic is the finished one. Now just have to mount and wire into my controller.

Took about 40 dollars in parts and about 3 hours per wedge.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Interesting *bling*

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Pretty damn cool looking if you ask me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice! It accomplishes two things....first the bling factor and second, side visibility which is key. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks great , cant wait to see them mounted up . On a side note , are the black and chrome wedges the same size ? It looks in some instances as if the centers are smaller on the chrome version .... Just wondering if anyone knows for sure .

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cool idea

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, Ness mitered bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

1 - 8 of 8 Posts