Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for tires for a 2011 vegas 8 ball. Nice choice Polaris. I can find tires for bmw, Moto guzzi , or many other bikes with much better selection. End of rant.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
what are you looking for?

there's lots of tires out there, depends what you want. you can usually vary sizing up or down one size according to rim width. your front tire is a tire for a certain look + like the big 250 rear sizes has its shortcomings. more traction is less wear and vice versa

·
13,247 Posts
dennis kirk or jp cycle all Care tiers that would fit.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
there's lots of tires out there, depends what you want. you can usually vary sizing up or down one size according to rim width. your front tire is a tire for a certain look + like the big 250 rear sizes has its shortcomings. more traction is less wear and vice versa
Unless modified, every Vegas that ain't a Jackpot (back when they were called the Vegas Jackpot) should have a 180/55-18 rear tire. That is a wonky tire size and I only found 3 or 4 options. One of the popular fitments is a H-D Dunlop. I think Avon makes a tire in that size too. Front tire was a bit easier to find, but if you want matching rubber, yeah, your options are a bit limited. Might note they don't roll outta Spirit Lake with matching rubber, tho, since front is a Dunlop E3 and the fear is like a D417 or something.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Plenty options for the front. Not a lot of cheap options for the rear but Shinko, Bridgestone, Pirelli, plus Avon and Dunlop have a few different styles in that size. I will probably go with the stones. They have good reviews and great price.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looking for tires for a 2011 vegas 8 ball. Nice choice Polaris. I can find tires for bmw, Moto guzzi , or many other bikes with much better selection. End of rant.
Stock spec is a 90/90 x 21" Dunlop Elite... there are thousands of 90/90 size tire out there.

Ive got a perfectly brand new 005 Advance Shinko for your Vegas for a steal. Its a sport touring radial tire and a little bigger than the stock size will give you much more road handling ability. 120/70x21"

heres some info on it:
http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/005-advance

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finding tires to fit is not a problem. Finding tires that corner good and don't follow tar snakes ,that the front and back match is not easy. Ordered the front tire from dennis kirk . And picked up the rear tire from harly dealer before my original post. I'm hoping The wife will like them better then original tires. Front tire will be same as original.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Which tire did you go with? None of them will be great with tar snakes or cornering just too small of a tire. Most will probably be better than the stock Dunlop tho!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Stock spec is a 90/90 x 21" Dunlop Elite... there are thousands of 90/90 size tire out there.

Ive got a perfectly brand new 005 Advance Shinko for your Vegas for a steal. Its a sport touring radial tire and a little bigger than the stock size will give you much more road handling ability. 120/70x21"

heres some info on it:
http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/005-advance
Too wide to fit on the rim from what I've been told.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Just stay with the 90/90-21 you have a TON of choices.

Click

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
vegas tire

I have a 2006 8 Ball, had very good service with Avon Cobra on the rear and RoadRider on the front. 8 - 12 k on the rear and over 13k on the front. Check out Bike Bandit, good prices and very fast delivery. Avon recommends 40 psi for the rear and 34 for the front. Check out my gallery for pic of front tire with over 13k miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts