Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Vision 8 Ball is 5 days old and I laid it it over today... in the garage... I let it down easy on a mat and wanted to see how difficult it is to lift back up. I see how the Goldwing riders do it, though I saw on You Tube a Victory Rep say " at 800 pounds it's easy to get up". I lifted it just as he did, no problem. Tried the procedure the Goldwing riders use and I think my seat is too low for that because it was quite a bit harder. Tried it three more times by facing the bike grabbing the handle bar and passenger hand grip and popped it right up. This bike is amazing:cool:

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Sweet. It is good to get to know all aspects of the bike, so if in the future it gets laid down, you can keep your cool because you know what your bike is capable of.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I joined that club today, with just under 3,000 on the Vision Tour. Knew I was taking a chance making a hard turn to get to a gas pump. Over it went. Well, halfway of course.
What was scary was being that close to the pump and the unforgiving concrete columns that protect it.
But, I wasn't THAT close and all was well.
Reached over and flipped out the kickstand and easily picked it up with the right hand grip and the passenger handle.
Love that bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is a thread bump, but i thought it better to revive an old one than start the same one again.

It is TOTALLY embarassing to have the bike go down when you're trying to make a tight turn, but I managed to do it today. Leaving the gas pump, though, and not approaching it. I simply didn't negotiate the turn correctly, the bike started leaning, I put my leg down, but it was too far over so I simply stepped away from it and trusted the tip points, which thankfully, worked as designed. Then I rode away as if nothing happened:eek:, glad that I was alone and none of my friends saw it. So, two things I learned from this:
1) I seriously need to practice my turning.
2) I need to learn how to pick up the bike properly in case this happens again. I'm a big guy, but trying to lift the bike improperly just doesn't work. I saw the video today, so I know what to do in the future.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I lay mine over on the right side any time I want to work on the left side. It comes up fairly easily if you back up to it and grab the rear passenger grip and the handlebars. Once you have a solid grip just lift it with your legs, they are far stronger than your arms. If you forget to put the stand down you get to practice again from the other side. Don't ask how I know that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
When I had mine last year I did it to clean the rear tire.I didnt find it easy to pick her back up.. But it was also a 12 beer wash and wax job and that was at the end of it so ....

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts