Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Victory riders - a Google search of "Lake Michigan Circle Tour" provides a bunch of information on roads and places.

Looking for personal recommendations of must see places and roads while traveling around Lake Michigan. Also, any campground recommendations. I'll be traveling clockwise with a start/end near Green Bay, WI.

·
13,242 Posts
I don't know how much rain they have had but you should check for road close

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Completed 5-day trip around Lake Michigan. Roughly 1400 miles total with Chippewa Falls, WI as starting/ending point. Camped at Straits State Park (St. Ignace), Ludington State Park (Ludington), Warren Dunes State Park (Sawyer), and Kohler Andrae State Park (Sheboygan). Great weather and interesting ride. Not a single complaint from '08 Kingpin Tour.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Completed 5-day trip around Lake Michigan. Roughly 1400 miles total with Chippewa Falls, WI as starting/ending point. Camped at Straits State Park (St. Ignace), Ludington State Park (Ludington), Warren Dunes State Park (Sawyer), and Kohler Andrae State Park (Sheboygan). Great weather and interesting ride. Not a single complaint from '08 Kingpin Tour.
Good for you. Michigan has some very pretty areas and it looks like you took in quite a few of them. I hope you were able to do the tunnel of trees between Petosky and Cheboygan I believe. Thanks for visiting and come back again. cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you. Michigan has some very pretty areas and it looks like you took in quite a few of them. I hope you were able to do the tunnel of trees between Petosky and Cheboygan I believe. Thanks for visiting and come back again. cheers
I indeed made it through the Tunnel of Trees! Fun ride.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I live in west michigan and have been around the lake several times. Best time is 17hrs 12min.

hwy 22 North out of Manistee and the tunnel of trees (119) to legs inn out of Petoskey are nice rides.

On my side Sagatuck, South Haven, Grand Haven, Manistee and all points north have things to offer.

Shoot up 47 on the door to say you have been there and just enjoy the fact you are on a bike for the rest.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
22 was nice north of Manistee and the Boathouse Grill there had some decent food with a view. The Legs Inn was a peculiar and unique building. Rolled through in the morning, so didn't stop for lunch. Enjoyed the windmill tour in Holland, big wooden gears for the gearhead.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I live in west michigan and have been around the lake several times. Best time is 17hrs 12min.

hwy 22 North out of Manistee and the tunnel of trees (119) to legs inn out of Petoskey are nice rides.

On my side Sagatuck, South Haven, Grand Haven, Manistee and all points north have things to offer.

Shoot up 47 on the door to say you have been there and just enjoy the fact you are on a bike for the rest.
Where do you live, MYVIC? I am always looking for another rider so maybe we can get together. I am in Grand Rapids. You might enjoy riding on the east side of GR in the Ada area. There are some great tree lined roads with hills and twists. Nice back roads out of Ada.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Where do you live, MYVIC? I am always looking for another rider so maybe we can get together. I am in Grand Rapids. You might enjoy riding on the east side of GR in the Ada area. There are some great tree lined roads with hills and twists. Nice back roads out of Ada.
Grand Haven

1 - 13 of 13 Posts