·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Vic owner or want to be one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't post in the performance issues yet, so I will post my question here. I have a victory Vegas 8-ball 2013 and it's been making a gurgling sound at around 15mph and 25mph. When it's first started, it'll make the sound at around 1900rpm in neutral. When I've ridden it for about half an hour at highway speeds, the sound gets quieter but still there. Also, it will stop appearing in neutral after it's been ridden. It is also more prominent when the gas tank is half way full or less. I've taken it to various shops but they said they didn't know what's wrong with it. Any ideas as to what this could be? It only started this sound after my 10k service and I already have 17.5k on it.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
You didn't say from where on the bike this sound comes. Off the top of my head, I'm wondering about the fuel cap. When you remove it with the engine running, is there a sound like air rushing in or out?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really pin point the source of the sound. It seems to be coming from all over the engine and transmission. I'll try the fuel cap when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: the sound is actually coming from the side of my gas tank. One of the dealerships said that the fuel pump has these things inside the tank that measure the amount of fuel and are attached to the fuel pump. If it's these things, should I be worried about it stalling on me or damaging anything?

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
That's a new one on me. Maybe someone else can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts