Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I have been on the site and even longer since I HAD modded my 8-ball. This week it all changed! First I removed the front fender, second removed the rear fender, third (the biggest decision) CUT THE FENDER!!! Fourth bought and installed an 8" LED brake light/turn signals. In the fall I will install the Conquest Customs rear fender for 180/200mm tire.

I've included the latest views, the comparison between Thursday and today, and the last is the difference from how i purchased the bike vs. now!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
THAT is just super nice, ha ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Great work thumb up
With all the chopping you did...your 8-Baller is so light it can hang upside down and sideways, amazing! .... :ltr:

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Ha...thanks! The rear fender and frame saved about 35 pounds!
Why not cover the bottom of the seat with black plastic or something like that...

How does the bike handles without the front fender? Do the forks & front wheel "flex" to the tripple Tree? Or you don't feel it?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not cover the bottom of the seat with black plastic or something like that...

How does the bike handles without the front fender? Do the forks & front wheel "flex" to the tripple Tree? Or you don't feel it?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do about the seat. I might get a new one. No issues without the front fender. Only finished it yesterday, so haven't ridden too much yet. But am going on a 4 hour ride tomorrow, so i will update the post tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do about the seat. I might get a new one. No issues without the front fender. Only finished it yesterday, so haven't ridden too much yet. But am going on a 4 hour ride tomorrow, so i will update the post tomorrow.
Please do let us know about the fender, like I said, I have USD forks, 18" hammer rim, 160 wide front tire.... But NO front fender..... Grrrrrr but I do have the 2 hammer front fender BRACKETS, so I could make a half circle instead of a fender to make the fork more ridged?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Please do let us know about the fender, like I said, I have USD forks, 18" hammer rim, 160 wide front tire.... But NO front fender..... Grrrrrr but I do have the 2 hammer front fender BRACKETS, so I could make a half circle instead of a fender to make the fork more ridged?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Not sure how much more rigid it would really be Andre. USD forks are quite stiff without additional bracing. Unless you ride like Rossi or Marquez your probably not going to feel much of a difference. If you do decide to build a rigid brace be sure that it is precise so that it does not cause binding of the forks.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Not sure how much more rigid it would really be Andre. USD forks are quite stiff without additional bracing. Unless you ride like Rossi or Marquez your probably not going to feel much of a difference. If you do decide to build a rigid brace be sure that it is precise so that it does not cause binding of the forks.
On the jackpot I ride much harder then the CCT, but not that hard compair to the crazy folks....

One day I will find a front fender that fits the 18" perfectly, but that is for the future,

Yes I'm a good fabricator, but what do you mean by "cause binding of the forks" coz all the Victory fenders are made out of 1.2 mm thick steel plate... That is very very ridged...

Good subject I must say....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the jackpot I ride much harder then the CCT, but not that hard compair to the crazy folks....

One day I will find a front fender that fits the 18" perfectly, but that is for the future,

Yes I'm a good fabricator, but what do you mean by "cause binding of the forks" coz all the Victory fenders are made out of 1.2 mm thick steel plate... That is very very ridged...

Good subject I must say....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Well 187 miles today...and its AWESOME!!! No difference with rocks, sand, etc. Also no difference in feel for the front end (from fender removal). Bike felt quicker (not sure if it was my imagination, but with 40 lbs or so taken off it was lighter!!).

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts