Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 XR and love it!
Except for the speedo with LCD display......
I have ALREADY had my whole speedo replaced due to the LCD display going bad.....it is happening again!!!!! WTF!
Anyone else had issues with theirs???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I have a 2010 XR and love it!
Except for the speedo with LCD display......
I have ALREADY had my whole speedo replaced due to the LCD display going bad.....it is happening again!!!!! WTF!
Anyone else had issues with theirs???
Did not have a problem with mine. How is it "going bad?" What is it doing (or not doing)?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not have a problem with mine. How is it "going bad?" What is it doing (or not doing)?
Simply it gets lighter to where you can't see the letters or digits.
So I can't even see the miles, fuel, clock, etc!!!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Simply it gets lighter to where you can't see the letters or digits.
So I can't even see the miles, fuel, clock, etc!!!
Is that the only electrical gremlin on the bike? Everything else works fine? How long did it work fine (1st speedo and 2nd speedo).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is that the only electrical gremlin on the bike? Everything else works fine? How long did it work fine (1st speedo and 2nd speedo).
Yup that's been my ONLY issue.
The first one happened at around 12800 miles.
Second one at 9000 (on new odometer).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really, no one?
It just seems strange this happened not only once but twice now.
From my perspective, it seems like this would be a common problem.....:(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well took her in yesterday.
They'll look at it, have to call in for the warranty, order the new speedo and replace it AGAIN.
Service guy said I am the only one that they've seen this happen to and now TWICE!
I'm gonna take a big hit on resale because of all this...:(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same for me

Really, no one?
It just seems strange this happened not only once but twice now.
From my perspective, it seems like this would be a common problem.....:(
You're not the only one. I've had one replaced already, and just this morning the second one did the exact same thing. Now I can't read anything on the LCD display.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You're not the only one. I've had one replaced already, and just this morning the second one did the exact same thing. Now I can't read anything on the LCD display.
So this HAS happened to someone else!
My dealer said to try and keep the Bike out of the elements.....
It's garaged when I'm not riding and I always look for a shady spot to park.....
Guess I need a bubble....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Try to keep it out of the elements???? I'd tell my dealer right then and there that there aint a chance of it. They'll just have to make sure my bike can stand up to the elements. (It's basically what I told my dealer when my electronic cruise control module fried on my ole KP). It's not like we bought some cheap bike that costs $6k new. 'cmon, they are designed to be able to hold up to the elements and if it fails, its on them to resolve it so it can. I ride in all weather and my expensive bike better be able to ride in all weather too. They need to find the permanent solution for you, bottom line.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So this HAS happened to someone else!
It's garaged when I'm not riding and I always look for a shady spot to park.....
Guess I need a bubble....
I'm not sure where you live, but in Texas even in the garage the temperatures get extremely hot. It makes sense that heat is what causes these LCD mini-screens to fail because both of mine failed during the Summer months.

And I'm right there with you - seems like we need a bubble to go with our Vics.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure where you live, but in Texas even in the garage the temperatures get extremely hot. It makes sense that heat is what causes these LCD mini-screens to fail because both of mine failed during the Summer months.

And I'm right there with you - seems like we need a bubble to go with our Vics.
Central FL.
The only precaution I take when I park my bike somewhere is to put my helmet over the speedo if no shade or rain is likely....

·
12,984 Posts
I wounder if there was a tinny I mean tinny vent hole on the bottom of the housing heat wouldn't build up on them. Maybe ask dealer what he thinks an then if he puts the hole in you could still be covered.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's garaged when I'm not riding and I always look for a shady spot to park.......
The dealer should have kept it in doors on the showroom floor if it wasn't designed to be out in the elements and be used.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya I thought it was a lame comment....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts