Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a rubber elbow connector that appears to have gone bad (see attached image). It's split at the bottom so the hose is loose and whatever is going through that hose is leaking out a bit. Anyone know what that hose is for or what it or that elbow connector is called? I looked through the Victory parts list/diagrams and through the service manual and couldn't identify. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Also, what's the best place to order parts like that these days? Thanks!!

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
Go to NAPA and ask for a FORD PCV elbow or at auto zone look on there help rack

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
It's the engine breather. VJ has the right idea. Take it off and into a parts store to see if you can match up that rubber boot. If you buy it from Polaris; they want you to buy the entire thing and it isn't cheap. Been seeing a lot of this lately.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Mine broke at the top end. I got a piece of flexible hose the fit over the pressed in fitting and it went either inside or outside the hose. Can’t remember, but it works.

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is what I did for mine when it cracked on me ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wound up just ordering the full Victory part. Couldn't find a good match and didn't really wanna screw with it any further...

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is zactly how I handled it on my Harlees from day one. VW filters instead of the factory OEM way of scavenging from the engine and blowing it into the air filter... Pleeeeze.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
What air filter is that?
I can't remember exactly which one but it's just a K&N Crankcase Vent. I then bought a pack of splined brass adapters to connect it to rubber hose.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What did you do with the other end connection, where air goes in - after - the air filter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts