Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals, finally found my leak!

Whats this white "T" called in my pic below? It appears to be leaking from near that piece of metal with the spring behind it.. I'm loosing nearly 1/8 gallon a night :mad:

I tried searching but my phone wont show pics :eek:

Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ryan, stupid question on my part but did you try to reinsert the male connector into the female port in the tee to see if it would reseat?
When I got my 01 it had a brass tee in it that made it a real pain to clamp off for tank removal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the fuel quick disconnect, and the bottom half is discontinued.
The good news is that failure 99.9% the top half
Thanks for the info! On most of the online parts catalogs all I can see available now is an o-ring (part 21)

http://www.polarispartspitstop.com/pages/oemparts?aribrand=VIC#/Victory/V01CD15DA_DELUXE_CRUISER_(2001)/FUEL_SYSTEM,_FUEL_TANK,_PUMP,_RAILS_and_THROTTLE_BODY_-_V01CD15CC/21193/40661

If the o-ring isn't going to fix the leak, couldn't I just replace it with a solid metal "T" of the same diameter?

Ryan, stupid question on my part but did you try to reinsert the male connector into the female port in the tee to see if it would reseat?
When I got my 01 it had a brass tee in it that made it a real pain to clamp off for tank removal.
No, I didn't remove anything because I could actually see gas running down the valve, so I had just assumed it was either the o-ring or the entire valve was faulty. I didn't see any brass connectors anywhere :confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Speaking from experience here...

When you reassemble the quick-disconnect, make sure you are pushing the metal tab on the female part all the way in while reinserting the male part - if you rely on the stop, you run a good chance of shaving a bit off the o-ring as it's reinserted, causing a leak...

The o-ring is a standard size item - not Vic specific.

Also, when working with the q-d, you want to pull / push it straight out / in - don't get it cocked at an angle, lest it break (which it will, given half a chance - especially if it has a few years on it).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well its already broken, I snapped it when I tried removing it today :mad:

So I'm now looking for a T section with 3/8" tops and a 1/2" bottom, which is starting to feel damn near impossible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well its already broken, I snapped it when I tried removing it today :mad:

So I'm now looking for a T section with 3/8" tops and a 1/2" bottom, which is starting to feel damn near impossible.
That quick-disconnect is probably the item which causes the most blue language from owners of the early bikes... The female part does have a non-Vic source, but the "T" male was made specifically for Vic, and there's no direct replacement out there.

Some people have researched substitutions from the McMaster-Carr catalog and other industrial supply houses, but none are direct replacements; fitting oversized components in there can be difficult, and usually hoses need to be trimmed to fit it all together.

As KevinX said, the top part is still available - I'd bite the bullet (while cursing the price) & buy two while you still can... (Come to think of it, I should follow my own advice!)

What I think would be perfect would be a 3-way plug valve with "T" passages, enabling the 2 side ports in and the center out; turn the valve plug 180 degrees, and the outlet is blocked. Unfortunately, I've not yet found any... (Not for lack of trying, though!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have the part # to the top portion of the tee quick disconnect valve that is still available?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I see # 2520131

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks NOEMTZ..!! Any line on the best place to get one?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Heres a backup plan for you I stumbled across in another thread if you run into problems. It may be worth checking out...Best of luck!

Here is a list of parts I ordered from McMaster-Carr to replace the fuel tank rail connection to the fuel pump. Can't get the parts from Polaris anymore.(mcmastercarr.com)

(2) 3/8 inch Barbed X 1/4npt Stainless 416 #53505K67
(1) 1/2 inch Barbed X 1/4npt Stainless 416 #53505K71
(1) 1/4npt female T Stainless 416 #4452K432

I will get some new 3/8 inch baricade fuel line and reuse the factory piece from the fuel pump up to the tank.

Cost about $ 50.00, but they got it and I am really glad to finally be done with the plastic crap fittings

Followup:
These are in brass. 2 each 125-6B 3/8 X 1/4 NPT 1 each 125-8B 1/2 X 1/4 NPT, 1 each 101-B 1/4 Female T. Cost $ 12.00
Fuel lines are also no longer available from Victory. I am going to use the same set up but all will be 1/2 X 1/4 NPT. The Replacement fuel lines will be 1/2 inch fuel injection hose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys I actually got it replaced, found a part on ebay for $6.27 shipped :)

It was for an air conditioner but it certainly fixed my probelm!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey guys I actually got it replaced, found a part on ebay for $6.27 shipped :)

It was for an air conditioner but it certainly fixed my probelm!
Good to hear Ryan! It may be worth posting here what your final solution was as I have seen 2 other posts concerning this in the last couple months. Still alot of the 01 and older runnin strong! Glad your back on the road... Safe ridiin

Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good idea, here's a pic of the newly fixed leak, and the ebay pic of the part I bought :)

The fix:

The part I bought:
*click on the top of the pic to enlarge it, you can read the seller name for reference*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts