Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and I believe I have to make two post to this forum. so here is one for the subject matter experts. Brand new 2016 XC, only thing I have done to the bike is put 16" apes on it and Witch Doctor non baffled mufflers on it. My problem is the bike is running lean and hot, never had that before by just replacing the mufflers. any clue to what the problem might be?

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
First, let me welcome you from the Pacific Northwet. I've been to your neck of the woods and gotta say you have great roads and BBQ.
Our engines, like many, are set to EPA standards, aka lean. To get past that, I recommend the Lloydz adjustable timing wheel and Lloydz high flow air filter for freer intake to balance the freer outlet. And a VFCIII or PCV will help with the rest. Sorry, you can not do just one mod. Your bike won't allow it. Fair warning: the mods just keep coming. :)

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Yep, RICZ nailed it, free up the intake add the advance wheel and get a PCV (Power Commander 5) and a decent dyno tune and you'll be laughing!
And Welcome from DownUnder...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I agree with all above , spend another grand and your bike will be BEAST !

·
12,968 Posts
get some good mufflers. Gutted mufflers robs you of power. On facebook is Drew Miller he will make you mufflers with the sound you want. They are dyno proven to make good power. You have to keep in mind your sitting on a oven sort of speaking and it produces heat.
They do not make a power comander 111 for your bike you have to use a PCV-v get one from Kevinx and he can download a map for a good starting point.

https://www.facebook.com/kevinxsouthernmotorworx/

https://www.facebook.com/drew.miller.3914?fref=ts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's not uncommon for EPA-regulated fuel injected bikes to run lean when you put free-flowing exhaust. A Power Commander and dyno tune will produce the best results, but the problem can also be rectified with a Dobeck style tuner like the VFC-III or others. The timing wheel is also a definite winner.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Welcome to Victory and to the forum. Great to see you here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine was fine stock but look at my mods in the signature.... MADE a big difference. Once experienced your spoiled by even easier and more power.. Dobeck Tuner and Lloyds timing wheel are the most important. Everything else is nice to have.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Mine was fine stock but look at my mods in the signature.... MADE a big difference. Once experienced your spoiled by even easier and more power.. Dobeck Tuner and Lloyds timing wheel are the most important. Everything else is nice to have.
I just now had @kevinx install the Lloydz timing wheel at +4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I have noticed that the 16's run hotter then vs a 15 or older, even just letting it sit there and idle for a sec the cylinders get warm faster it seems. I almost wonder if they also changed the converter set up.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Can see all your mods but not what you are riding?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have noticed that the 16's run hotter then vs a 15 or older, even just letting it sit there and idle for a sec the cylinders get warm faster it seems. I almost wonder if they also changed the converter set up.
Every year they tighten up the emission specs. If you find out anything let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Diy

if you are handy most parts mentioned except of course a dyno tune are easy bolt-ons, your free labor will almost pay for the parts. PVC + dyno tune gives optimal performance if done right but for many the dobeck-aka lloydz fuel tuner is fine + a lot less $$$$. like the AFR IV+ with the include wideband + gauge to see what your fueling actually is real time!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts