Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing a very lean popping and after I downshift some times the engine even stops a quick pull in of the clutch, and it will start again when I release the clutch. Some times it will not restart and I have to hit the start button {fires right up }. All other times the bike runs like a champ. Had it to the dealer cost $200 for a short 4 hours Runs fine at all other times. Can anyone shed some light on this problem
Thanks, Tom

Ths problem started shortly after I took the bike in for a fuel pump recall.2014 Jackpot w/ Lloydz air box ,rpw pipes, msd coils, and a victory fuel controller all installed by Conquest Customs. Bike ran great when Conquest worked on it .

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Is your fuel controller a Dobeck type that has the row of colored lights and 3 buttons? If so, what is the green at now?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does and I have moved the green light to the right[+} a couple of times,But it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Light is at the 6 position ,don't want to get too much out of original position.

·
12,970 Posts
victory doesn't make a fuel controler.

You can;t blip the throttle Vic's don't like it.

There is a clutch safety switch so you can't pop the clutch.

If bike still act up go back to Conquest Customs

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Yes it does and I have moved the green light to the right[+} a couple of times,But it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Light is at the 6 position ,don't want to get too much out of original position.
If it's one of these type controlers it's VERY rich at +6. 2-3 seems the norm with your mods.

Click

Click

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
<snip>There is a clutch safety switch so you can't pop the clutch.<snip more>
visionjohnny, My apology but I don't understand your point here. Could you explain what you mean by this? I thought "popping the clutch" just meant letting it out real fast, probably under medium to high throttle. Is my understanding of this phrase wrong? If not, how does the clutch safety switch prevent one from "popping the clutch"? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the confusion: The fuel controller is made by Lloydz Motorworkz it's called VICTORY FUEL CONTROLLER. I never said anything about poping the clutch or blipping the throttle. When I down shift ,sometimes the engine will reengage when I release the clutch.If I'm going too slow it will not start so I have to push the start button. Hope this clarify' s my problem . Still looking for a solution. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Sorry for the confusion: The fuel controller is made by Lloydz Motorworkz it's called VICTORY FUEL CONTROLLER. I never said anything about poping the clutch or blipping the throttle. When I down shift ,sometimes the engine will reengage when I release the clutch.If I'm going too slow it will not start so I have to push the start button. Hope this clarify' s my problem . Still looking for a solution. Thanks
Again the green needs to be at 2-3 not 6.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
victory doesn't make a fuel controler.
Lloydz VFC-III (Victory Fuel Controller, 3rd generation).

There is a clutch safety switch so you can't pop the clutch
The clutch safety switch prevents the starter from engaging with the bike in gear. You have to either be in neutral OR hold the clutch in for the starter to work... that's why it's called a safety switch... so you won't accidentally take off and bust your ass.

I assure you, you CAN still "pop the clutch" to your heart's content.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
visionjohnny, My apology but I don't understand your point here.
You'll have to excuse Johnny, he's the forum's arbiter of misinformation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts