Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Very nice review no real surprises. But I know very little of the triumph . Would like to try one.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
We could have told them all that and saved them a lot of time. Its nice when the "experts" agree with us. Yeah...Cross Roads roolz!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We could have told them all that and saved them a lot of time. Its nice when the "experts" agree with us. Yeah...Cross Roads roolz!
It was kinda fun to hear their takes on the other machines.

1. Want the most nimble bike at parking lot speeds, get the Harley.

2. Want a bike with the most shiny surfaces, get the Indian.

3. Want a bike with a great seat, get the Triumph.

4. Want a bike to have a good time on a ride, get the XR!

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
You can hear the Harley and the Triumph scraping in what appears to be not too tight curves. But every bike mfr should have their designers emulate the Triumph's saddle. The XR windshield was the only one that required a tool to remove and I like that. It will be on the bike in the morning when moteling it.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The XR windshield was the only one that required a tool to remove and I like that.
I was thinking the same thing. If you have an allen wrench it only takes about about 30 seconds to remove our windshield, but:

1) There isn't the market for them there is for Harley stuff

2) What self respecting thief is going to haul around tools when the valuable bits can be extracted with the flip of a lever?

In a way, I kinda like the idea of a quick release backrest for rides with the better half. But I'd want a key lock option if I had to leave the bike alone in unknown areas for any length of time. My windscreen OTOH, doesn't come off enough that loosening 4 screws half a turn becomes an issue. And when it does come off, it's in my garage where I keep tools.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Pretty cool review. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
From a guy who has had two motorcycles stolen, one chained to a bollard and the other in a locked trailer, you fellas are waay paranoid.
Somewhere is some scumbag who would take the opportunity to nick a windshield off your bike but like my old man told me about his Austin Healy. Don't lock the door. If they want it they'll cut the roof off.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From a guy who has had two motorcycles stolen, one chained to a bollard and the other in a locked trailer, you fellas are waay paranoid.
Somewhere is some scumbag who would take the opportunity to nick a windshield off your bike but like my old man told me about his Austin Healy. Don't lock the door. If they want it they'll cut the roof off.
Undoubtedly.

But there is another train of thought that says locks keep honest people honest. Stealing a locked down bike takes some commitment. Riding up to a bike with a snap on windshield and snapping it on your bike without one...not so much.

I had a bike stolen down in San Antone. It was just after I moved from a crappy area to a nice area. So I heard, a bunch of guys came up in a pickup and started to mess with it. The security guard of the complex ran them off and went to the wrong apartment to tell me. That occupant there wasn't home. Anyway, they apparently came back later and got it. It was found abandoned about a month later in a low rent residential area. A screwdriver and a hammer was all it took to break the steering lock and gas tank lock.

Wasn't all bad I guess. As it was my only transportation, I got in a lot of walking in and became very familiar with the metro bus routes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There' already a thread running in the General Discussion forum.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Ah right- I didnt see it- thanks Meeve.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Also, I really love the Indians but I think they are right- they are just too big and suitable really for touring only- what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
CrossRoads- thanks for combining the threads.

Im contacting VF head office now to recommend a pay rise for you :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
CrossRoads- thanks for combining the threads.

Im contacting VF head office now to recommend a pay rise for you :)
You're welcome. Being of service to you all is all the pay I want and need. cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts