Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,

I am taking my 03 V92TC that I just bought back to Texas to get it registered and for a short visit. Should be back here in Columbia, SC on Saturday. Staying in Mobile both ways........

South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.... then back again!!!

Wish me luck

Attachments

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
At your age, hell yeah, and I did that often. At my present age, more days with fewer miles would be added. Bon Voyage!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
That bike was born to eat miles....Have a great trip :smile

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Have a safe trip, and hoping you have decent weather. Should be cooling off some. Stay the heck off I 10 if you can or youll be in at every other rest area as them roads thru La will bounce the heck out of ya.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Check tyre pressures and oil.
Gas her up and go!
Look out for cars..

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Sounds like fun. That means you'll have to average 500 miles a day, which can be a little rough at any age. The wife and I just got back from our very first long ride ourselves, only we stretched it out over 6 days. 300 miles a day on the scoot was easier on our bodies and the bikes. It was a blast. We are already planning our next long ride.

Like RICZ says...

At your age, hell yeah, and I did that often. At my present age, more days with fewer miles would be added. Bon Voyage!

Ride safe.

Reactions: nahtg23 and RICZ

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
The TC's are great scooters. I had a 03 and a 04. Had the 04 until 2011. the bought a XC. That will be a great run, ride safe.

Reactions: nahtg23

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
sign up for iron butt and then you can get a patch and a certificate for your ride. Then you can brag
Oh yeah. That certificate and $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee anywhere. So glad I have nothing to prove to anyone, especially myself. But if doing super long days in the saddle are your thing, more power to you, as they said to the guy in the electric chair.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Folks....

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it back safely yesterday at 1pm. That 03 V92TC was a beast over the road and responded with all the power when it was needed. I did not ride at night. During the day I only drank water and ate protein bars and sometimes drank OJ. I am gonna spend the next day or so resting.

Day 1--- Columbia SC to Mobile AL
Day 2--- Mobile AL to Beaumont TX
Day 3--- Beaumont TX to Montgomery AL
Day 4--- Montgomery AL to Columbia SC

:grin

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Welcome back brother!
Victory-We Ride!!!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Holy Crap!!! I'd need the next month to rest after that. And to think, years ago, I once did stuff like that too. Like me, you arenever going to forget that nahtg23.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy Crap!!! I'd need the next month to rest after that. And to think, years ago, I once did stuff like that too. Like me, you arenever going to forget that nahtg23.

I'm no spring chicken...(late 40's).... but I had to make the trip to register the bike in my home state.

But your right.... it was certainly a beautiful and amazing experience....

Funny thing tho... first thing I wanted to do when I get home was go to the store in my car. It was like I was obsessing for a drive in my car after being on my bike for so many miles and watched all those cars go by....:smile

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I know the feeling nahtg23. You must have a car that's as satisfying as mine is to me.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The longest I have ever rode in one day was about 8 years ago when I rode my little Suzuki M50 (800cc) from east TN to Washington DC all interstate, about 400 miles. That bike would hardly go any faster than the 70mph speed limit but I enjoyed the hell out of that ride.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Glad you had a good ride. I'm early 40's and 500 miles a day is an easy ride. Start getting into the 800's, then it's a bit much, but doable.

You hit some good, but warm weather!

Did you know 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
A few years back when I had my RSV I made 775 in 12hr from Bluefield WV to home. Left up there at 7am and was in the garage @ 730. Couple of city's I got hung up in stop and go traffic. Some times ya got to do what ya have to.
Why did the bike have to be registered somewhere beside where you live? Just wondering.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hav a great ride....nice weather and happy trails!

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
248 Posts
The TC is a road eating machine no doubt. I seriously thought about picking one up a while back. Glad you enjoyed your trip, now you can confidently plan more!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts