Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy (bryman) and I are leaving tomorrow for Robbinsville, NC to ride the dragon, moonshiner run, and other nice rides. We should get down there sometime Tuesday night.

So if anyone is out and about in that area this week, keep an eye out for 2 red Vic's (XR and XCT). We're coming from the Chicago area...we have a few miles to ride. Oh, fishing is definitely on the agenda while we are down there cheers

itrider

·
Registered
40 Posts
How long are you staying? Another ride to consider is Devil's Triangle. It will take you through Frozen Head State Park, and you'll get a view of Brushy Mt. State Prison.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
sounds like lots of fun.enjoy, guys!
pics please.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
How long are you staying? Another ride to consider is Devil's Triangle. It will take you through Frozen Head State Park, and you'll get a view of Brushy Mt. State Prison.
I've done that one a couple of times. Once, some nut in a car was in front of me trying to show he was fast I suppose. He was cutting into the opposing lane of traffic on each corner. I stopped, hoping the fool would quit showing off if no one was watching him. I feared for the poor soul coming from the opposite direction.

Another time we took a left up a gravel road and rode it many miles before it dumped out on a paved road. That was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The road going through the old coal mining town on Devil's Triangle can be a little weird. People ride ATV's on the road, and can come across the road without warning. There is also coal dust and gravel on the road in some parts, so it's better to take it easy and enjoy the scenery.
It's really cool when you come around this one curve, and you can see the giant blades from 3 or 4 wind-powered generators on top of the ridge.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Too bad you're not waiting 2 weeks when the southeast victory rally hits at the end of the month, we will all be there in droves. Anyhow, try to go behind a couple of crotch rockets, they will basically pave the way for you for on coming traffic etc... Take you're time, it's very curvy and very rustic. Have a blast!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts