Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for LED replacement bulbs for the OEM driving lights on my CR.

I changed the head light bulbs out to LED replacement lamps and I like them. The color is the blue/white and the brightness is amazing.

I am looking for driving light replacements to more match the color of the new LED headlight lamps instead of the yellow halogen color. The ones I have seen so far are too large to fit in the bucket of the driving lights or not enough power.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
What size/type bulbs do your OEM driving lights take?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize, I just came back to my computer to add that information.

The current bulbs are 55W H3 halogen bulbs.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Reactions: SkInM4N

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you'll be hard-pressed to get a set of decent LED H3 bulbs without a heat sink, and I don't believe the heat sink models will fit into the housing.

How much room do you have between the bulb mount and the back of the housing?
https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headlight-Conversion-9600lm-Warranty/dp/B01LCE19QQ/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1500907902&sr=8-18&keywords=H3+LED
2.20in.bulb mount to back on housing.

Most of the adds are very vague about the size of the heat sink and ballast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let me know if you find one! I ordered the led head light and if like to replace my driving light bulbs to to led.

I know the new Harley road king has led driving lights. Not sure if they are comparable?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
IKS0HSHOSFA8WAVJ-product-primary.jpg
These are what I changed mine to bout 4 years ago kuryakyan phase 7 led

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good morning all.

I cheeped out and ordered these.

https://www.amazon.com/NIGHTEYE-4000LM-Motorcycle-Universal-Warranty/dp/B0714MBZQJ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500989606&sr=8-4&keywords=NIGHTEY

I think, (hope), I can just squeeze these into the driving light buckets on my bike. The lumins is impressive. I will let you know how it goes.

I figured for $20.00 I could give it a try.

Ricz, I like your suggestion but how could I be certain that the LED inserts would fit my buckets? If there was a way, I would be very tempted.

Thank you all for your advise,

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Ricz, I like your suggestion but how could I be certain that the LED inserts would fit my buckets? If there was a way, I would be very tempted.
I was assuming that if it was made to fit a Harley's bucket, it would fit the Victory's.
Anyhoo, for a lowly $20, if those work, you did good.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was assuming that if it was made to fit a Harley's bucket, it would fit the Victory's.
Anyhoo, for a lowly $20, if those work, you did good.
We shall see.

How do you think I could find out if the Harley light would fit our buckets using the existing ring?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Not having an LE with those road lights, I can't begin to say. If you have a Harley riding friend with those, maybe he'll agree to letting you try one of his to see if it fits.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not having an LE with those road lights, I can't begin to say. If you have a Harley riding friend with those, maybe he'll agree to letting you try one of his to see if it fits.
WOW! that would be unlikely. You know how those Harley guys are.:grin

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
WOW! that would be unlikely. You know how those Harley guys are.:grin
Maybe a Harley guy will let you try one of his lights while his bike is in the shop. :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It turns out I have the Adjure, 4 1/2 in. driving lights on my bike, witch seem to be the most common driving lights on our type bikes. Anyone interested in some good information about these lights, here is the site.

Adjures 4 1/2 inch diamond cut ice motorcycle spotlights, passing lamps, running lights, drive lights and fog lights - 7 inch combo includes our Ventura Hwy. Flamed Chrome universal motorcycle headlight bucket with our LED Flute Cut Dual function hea

The older Harley's used these lights. Pre. LED

·
13,263 Posts
Ajure takes a H-3 bulb.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Reactions: RICZ
1 - 20 of 42 Posts