Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the LED signals that wrap around the forks? My front right signal is broken and currently being held together with electrical tape. I have held off on buying new ones because I can't decide if I want to just get a standard bullet signal or the lights that wrap around the forks.

Aesthetically, I think it's a no-brainer, the wrap-arounds look way better than the bullet types. I'm just skeptical on how well the wrap around lights work in the real world. Are they bright enough to be obvious for someone to see in the middle of the day? I always use my signals, so I want them to be functional, not just cool looking.

The rear kits are pretty slick, too. From what I've seen of those they look very functional, so I'll probably end up purchasing the rear kit regardless.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the LED signals that wrap around the forks? My front right signal is broken and currently being held together with electrical tape. I have held off on buying new ones because I can't decide if I want to just get a standard bullet signal or the lights that wrap around the forks.

Aesthetically, I think it's a no-brainer, the wrap-arounds look way better than the bullet types. I'm just skeptical on how well the wrap around lights work in the real world. Are they bright enough to be obvious for someone to see in the middle of the day? I always use my signals, so I want them to be functional, not just cool looking.

The rear kits are pretty slick, too. From what I've seen of those they look very functional, so I'll probably end up purchasing the rear kit regardless.

Thanks in advance.
Fork Covers Spike Chrome Turn Signal Led Victory Motorcycle

These look even better in person. Just one example of turn signal options your bike has. There are several others on that site. For what it's worth, the Ness signals (also on that website) are very bright and are nice to look at. They're available in black or chrome, with red or amber LEDs. I have them on my crosscountry and couldn't be happier.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fork Covers Spike Chrome Turn Signal Led Victory Motorcycle

These look even better in person. Just one example of turn signal options your bike has. There are several others on that site. For what it's worth, the Ness signals (also on that website) are very bright and are nice to look at. They're available in black or chrome, with red or amber LEDs. I have them on my crosscountry and couldn't be happier.
Hope this helps.
Yeah, I saw those spikes and they are very, very slick looking. I hadn't seen the Ness signals yet. After some googling I've found some photos of the Ness signals in the real world and they're a lot smaller than they look on the website (which is good, I want a minimal look). Hmm, it's a tough decision. I really wish I could just see them in person! I think the responsible thing to do would be to go the Ness route, but I really want to know if those spikes/wrap arounds are bright enough for folks to see them!

These are the last thing I'm going to purchase for the bike for a while. I splurged a bit this weekend... ordered Lloydz Torque Tubes, 1/4 throttle ring, Vicbaggers Flat Black Cheese Wedges, Throttle Boss (went 400 miles on Sunday and wrist was in pain!) and different primary and cam covers. All of that stuff and I'm rolling around with a turn signal held up with electrical tape. :eek

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Yeah, I saw those spikes and they are very, very slick looking. I hadn't seen the Ness signals yet. After some googling I've found some photos of the Ness signals in the real world and they're a lot smaller than they look on the website (which is good, I want a minimal look). Hmm, it's a tough decision. I really wish I could just see them in person! I think the responsible thing to do would be to go the Ness route, but I really want to know if those spikes/wrap arounds are bright enough for folks to see them!

These are the last thing I'm going to purchase for the bike for a while. I splurged a bit this weekend... ordered Lloydz Torque Tubes, 1/4 throttle ring, Vicbaggers Flat Black Cheese Wedges, Throttle Boss (went 400 miles on Sunday and wrist was in pain!) and different primary and cam covers. All of that stuff and I'm rolling around with a turn signal held up with electrical tape. :eek
Check YouTube for some comparison videos. All the signals I have looked at in person, have been at a dealership. I truly believe that you cannot lose no matter what signals you go with.

·
13,038 Posts
Keep in mind the colored power wire on the left is NOT the same color on the right. Never do any wiring on a Vic with out a multimeter there cheap and sold at all kinds of stores

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

These are the last thing I'm going to purchase for the bike for a while. I splurged a bit this weekend... ordered Lloydz Torque Tubes, 1/4 throttle ring, Vicbaggers Flat Black Cheese Wedges, Throttle Boss (went 400 miles on Sunday and wrist was in pain!) and different primary and cam covers. All of that stuff and I'm rolling around with a turn signal held up with electrical tape. /images/VictoryForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png
Check YouTube for some comparison videos. All the signals I have looked at in person, have been at a dealership. I truly believe that you cannot lose no matter what signals you go with.
I've been searching YouTube, but I've only found videos of what they look like in a garage and not necessarily on the road. I think you're right though, I just need to pull the trigger and get the ones I like.

Keep in mind the colored power wire on the left is NOT the same color on the right. Never do any wiring on a Vic with out a multimeter there cheap and sold at all kinds of stores
Thanks. I would have never known. It seems a little silly that they wouldn't stick with a standard as far as power goes. Then again, I'm noticing lots of small things that are odd about the Victory. Still love it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I think I've decided I want to do those Ness Direct Bolt-On lights. Problem is, VictoryOnly only has the chrome/red ones. I need black and Amber, since it is an 8 ball. I can't seem to find them anywhere, the ones I have found say they're for HD's. :(

This is the last thing I need to complete, aesthetically (for the time being).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha, I have yet to find ANYTHING cheap for this bike. Thanks for the link, I'm going to continue looking for those Ness Bolt-On. If I can't find them I may just have to go the fork signal route. I just still worry they're not obvious enough for drivers of those vehicles that they put in DUH and go.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I recently saw on a Harley, a large front turn LED lights that double as bright, clear, road lights. When indicating a turn, the white lights go off and amber LEDs flash. They will get the attention you want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently saw on a Harley, a large front turn LED lights that double as bright, clear, road lights. When indicating a turn, the white lights go off and amber LEDs flash. They will get the attention you want.
Oh man that sounds awesome! I wonder what they were? I think this bike could definitely use better lighting. Not sure if it was this way stock, but the only running light I have in the rear is the brake light, the rear turn signals don't act as running lights. Same goes for the signals in front. It seems like they should. I don't want to get smashed at a stop sign/light because someone couldn't see me.

I sent an email to VictoryOnly inquiring about the Ness lights. Hopefully I'll hear back (and hopefully good news!)

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I'd really like to help you as I have some good recommendations. But you avoid doing a signature that contains which bike you have. Yes, it does matter. Sorry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd really like to help you as I have some good recommendations. But you avoid doing a signature that contains which bike you have. Yes, it does matter. Sorry.
Sorry about that. I think I have it set up on my computer, but hadn't set it up with the app on my phone yet. I think it should be fixed now!

2007 Victory Vegas 8 Ball
100 CI/5 SPD

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
2007 Victory Vegas 8 Ball 100 CI/5 SPD
At the top of the LED world, IMO, is Clearwater, pricey, but well worth it. I have their Darlas.
https://www.clearwaterlights.com/
At the bottom (maybe) is banggood.com I have purchased many items for them and never got burned. They are in China, where most products come from anyway. Their prices are a fraction of what it costs after its sent to the US and in a store. And shipping is free.
https://www.banggood.com/search/motorcycle-led.html
Other sources........
https://www.ledfactorymart.com/collections/led-lights-for-victory-motorcycle

https://www.customdynamics.com/

https://www.revzilla.com/harley-davidson-lights

Then there's the eBay and Amazon. Happy searching.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts