1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a '12 streetglide that he just bought the h d led
headlight setup for it. only for looks cause like me, he will never be
out at night. i assume their is nothing like this available for the
cross bikes. just the hid setups? the only reason to even do the hid would be more visibility to be seen anyway for me. wife and i just
dont tempt fate after dark. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
my friend has a '12 streetglide that he just bought the h d led
headlight setup for it. only for looks cause like me, he will never be
out at night. i assume their is nothing like this available for the
cross bikes. just the hid setups? the only reason to even do the hid would be more visibility to be seen anyway for me. wife and i just
Got mine from here http://www.victoryhid.com/

They work great and are a relatively easy plug-n-play install.

·
13,183 Posts
OMG your Buddy spent $500 and your going to spend $75 I wish I had a bridge I could sell your friend

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
... the only reason to even do the hid would be more visibility to be seen anyway for me. wife and i just
The first thing you'll notice running HIDs during dailylight is cagers fixing their mirrors, or squinting in them to see what's behind them. You'll also notice cars moving to the side to make room for you. Not all cagers are ignorant, some really cannot see the dim stock headlight on a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
OMG your Buddy spent $500 and your going to spend $75 I wish I had a bridge I could sell your friend
Hard to compaire the cost of LED to HID in my opinion.
A couple of my buds have the HD LED head light in their RG's and one has his RG converted to HID, very simular to the Vic conversation. The LED's are more visible than the HID conversation on the HD's.
I can tell this because they are usually following me, are they worth the 700 bones for a RG, I think not. Not a $600 improvement over the HID. But for the "cool factor", thats a matter of taste and disposible income. IMHO

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts