Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've been looking at installing an LED headlight on my '06 Hammer. I've already changed the headlight out to the newer style 3 piece "bullet" housing. And the LED upgrade seems pretty straight forward. Basically just a lense change. But it always says its for a Cross Country and never says it'll fit my bike. I wonder if this is due to the stock light being that big round model headlight it came with, or is it a wiring issue? Lack of proper connections in there or something...
Any help or guidance would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Pretty sure the XC LED HL will go right into your Hammer for a perfect fit . Your dealer should know this without hesitation .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did speak to a dealer parts guy. He said he wasn't sure, but might be a wiring harness, connector, plug difference south of 2008. He suggested I ask on the forums to see if anyone had tried this yet...

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I thought I saw on another forum that Witchdoctors was working on a harness adapter....could be I am thinking of something else, but its worth a call to them because Jon and his crew will definitely know

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ahhhh , I didn't notice it was a 2006 .... Sorry , the plugs may be different but I doubt it , I believe they all take the same bulb . Just buy it , if it don't fit return it . Problem solved !;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was good advise AllenT. Talked to Jon at Witchdoctors. He said when you make the online purchase there, just add in the comments section the year/model bike and they will throw in a "plug adapter" with the headlight. Just ordered it yesterday thumb up

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just a word of caution to anyone out there wanting to upgrade their headlight to LED. If this is the way you choose to go buy the complete unit do not be tempted to buy the LED upgrade bulbs on ebay etc. I got stung with this and fitted some to my Vegas. What a complete joke these are only fit for the bin,they gave no beam whatsoever,no concentration of light and looked identical to those little white twinkle lights fitted to trees in December. DONT FALL FOR IT,DONT BE CAUGHT!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just a word of caution to anyone out there wanting to upgrade their headlight to LED. If this is the way you choose to go buy the complete unit do not be tempted to buy the LED upgrade bulbs on ebay etc. I got stung with this and fitted some to my Vegas. What a complete joke these are only fit for the bin,they gave no beam whatsoever,no concentration of light and looked identical to those little white twinkle lights fitted to trees in December. DONT FALL FOR IT,DONT BE CAUGHT!!
Love my HIDs. They give incredible light and have been flawless fo two riding seasons, though I am now in FLA where I ride all year round.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I "do" like those LED headlights.....and will probably give in and buy one lol. They look great on the harleys coming down the road, but I want to try a projector retro fit, with a shroud first. I just have to locate a headlight housing. If I use a relay harness, I should be able to hack a 55w HID bulb in there. I've done them before and have several kits that have accumulated over the years..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts