Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed aftermarket LED bulbs (yes, not the Victory Headlight) and since then I have no radio reception! The radio works great in Park mode with the lights off. Even tried moving the antenna cable and it still has interference when I pull the headlight a couple feet out.

I read somewhere that these bulbs can actually put out RF interference. Sometimes a grounding issue. Anyone else have this problem?? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Which lights did you install?
Did they come with a small box like a ballast?
If so, where did you put them?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
It is very common for LED lights to interfere with radio signal. You MAY get SOME relief by using ferrite chokes on the wires powering the lights, but this has never done a satisfactory job for me -- it just helps some. Ferrite chokes can be found at Radio Shack stores.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
LED lights should not interfere with radio???? HID I have heard of but not LED. Maybe I learnt something new today?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
LED lights should not interfere with radio???? HID I have heard of but not LED. Maybe I learnt something new today?
LED lights DO interfere with radio. Look up 'Pulse Width Modulation'.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I have Led driving lights from Big bike Parts on my bike and they interfere with my fm radio and anybody else next to me at a light. I called them about it and they have no clue what to do. I do listen to XM threw my gamin 665 with no issues.

Being that we don't use the FM radio I've never looked into a fix, good luck finding a solution and share it with us if you do.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
What the heck is park mode?
On my XC I can push in and turn the key to put it into this mode. The headlight will not be on, but the flashers, multi-fuction display, tail lights, radio, etc will all work. You are also able to remove the key in this mode. If you needed to leave your bike on the side of the road with the flashers going you could put it in this mode.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
On my XC I can push in and turn the key to put it into this mode. The headlight will not be on, but the flashers, multi-fuction display, tail lights, radio, etc will all work. You are also able to remove the key in this mode. If you needed to leave your bike on the side of the road with the flashers going you could put it in this mode.

No ****???? Guess I should reread my manual.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Replaced the stock halogen with the factory LED and also added Denali D2 road lamps. No interference with the radio I've noticed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They're the self-contained LEDs with large metal cooling fins perpendicular to the bulb. I take it the OEM Led light doesn't do that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts