Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Anyone running an LED kit on your bike?? What about the blacked out bikes??? Any issues or advise?? I'm thinking about it but hate pulling the trigger on it if it isn't gonna work... Thank you!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
First, what are you looking for? Do you want that breathing, key fob controlled LED kit for a couple hundred bucks?
If so, these guys are reputable and have done business with in the past as well as a lighting guy in our group.
http://www.ledglow.com/

Do you feel comfortable working with a little wiring and designing your own? Are you wanting more of a static/parade lighting or adding something that is street legal you can ride with? If so you can go with a direct 12V LED setup and get creative but ensure you know your states laws for colors and display. Wiriing in a switch is obviously going to be almost a must. So far everything on mine has been street legal so no need yet.

Onzium is a good site site that has decent price and good service/product.
http://www.oznium.com/motorcycle-led-lighting

Throw a little more info up there as im sure there are quite a few around here to help ya down the path so you don't wind up with a bucket of LEDs on your bench (im not speaking of mine of course...well maybe.. heheh) that you will make work..

Hope this helps!

Tim

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
No problem, my son bought me an LEDGlow kit (couldnt say anything, was happy he wanted to spend that much on me) and it is a very solid kit with some nice options. I have been running Oznium's LEDs for almost 7K now and not a bit of problem from them. AND I like their prices. My advice is take your time and plan out your design AND if you get a chance it really helps to have a 12" LED strip just to see how light reflects off differnt parts of your bike BEFORE you commit to the design. What I did was ordered a 5" and a `12" white when I was doing a light mod and used those to determine what else I wanted to do using live lights and where I wanted to put the lights then I was able to figure out what exactly I needed so not to waste money or get the wrong color. Good luck on the mod, lookin forward to photos!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts