Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. I'm hoping someone has some input here. I'm looking at removing my turn signals and replacing them with LEDs. There are TONS of options out there for this and not really sure what to look for. My primary concern is brightness during the day. Oznium is one that has been recommended to me. Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
But...both sets of signals on the XR are already LED...and mine seem pretty bright during the day. I didn't even know there were aftermarket options honestly

Sorry, I sometimes post with no helpful information.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But...both sets of signals on the XR are already LED...and mine seem pretty bright during the day. I didn't even know there were aftermarket options honestly

Sorry, I sometimes post with no helpful information.
Seriously...they should require licenses to post. lmfao! Totally kidding! Actually, I was thinking they were LED as well myself. But, I'm guessing there are reflectors in there as well. I think I may just order a set and do some testing to see how they look from a distance in comparison to the stockers. As for the signals, this will be a complete custom job on my part. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Post pics when you do! I always like to see some custom jobs. It's raining outside right now, so I'm not going to refute your claim of reflectors in the lens at this time...you could be right anyhow, since I've never studied them close. Also, the OE units are non-serviceable, which means you'd have to replace the whole damn thing if one light goes out...couldn't hurt to have aftermarket parts and keep your OE units as spares, right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The brightest LED's I ever had on my other bike were rizoma zero 11's. I had to cut and reterminate the wires to the proper connection. They were tiny but super bright and had a translucent plastic shell so drivers next to you could see the signal through the back of your front blinker as well if they were too far up on you to see your rear blinker.

They have a tear dropped shaped one that might fit the style of of the original lights that you might add to possibilities.http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/ProdImages/FR027_lg.jpg

You should already have the relay. So at least you wont have to change that. I ordered a xr relay for my highball about 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting. Also if you have to make some kind of mounting adapters. I found that these boosters for old coil spring boosters cut and shape (and probably mill) real easy when I helped a friend before.http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/img/medium/mrg/1284.jpg. Just some thoughts.

·
13,262 Posts
Hey, everyone. I'm hoping someone has some input here. I'm looking at removing my turn signals and replacing them with LEDs. There are TONS of options out there for this and not really sure what to look for. My primary concern is brightness during the day. Oznium is one that has been recommended to me. Any input is greatly appreciated!
You really shoud add and say what year you have

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The brightest LED's I ever had on my other bike were rizoma zero 11's. I had to cut and reterminate the wires to the proper connection. They were tiny but super bright and had a translucent plastic shell so drivers next to you could see the signal through the back of your front blinker as well if they were too far up on you to see your rear blinker.

They have a tear dropped shaped one that might fit the style of of the original lights that you might add to possibilities.http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/ProdImages/FR027_lg.jpg

You should already have the relay. So at least you wont have to change that. I ordered a xr relay for my highball about 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting. Also if you have to make some kind of mounting adapters. I found that these boosters for old coil spring boosters cut and shape (and probably mill) real easy when I helped a friend before.http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/img/medium/mrg/1284.jpg. Just some thoughts.
I'm actually not looking for a self contained unit, rather LED strips that I can use to customize.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sir,
Thought I would share. Ride 60 dark miles one way to work. Attached the LED's for more vibility. LED's are from Custom Dynamics!

Please click on link:

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/1Roughrider/2011 Victory Cross Country/
I don't suppose you'd be willing to do me two really big favors, would you? Could you get a photo of the front with the lights on during the day? From this pic, it does appear they're very bright, but I want to make sure day time visibility is good too as I'll be using them for signal replacements. Also, could you tell me what ones you order from CD that you placed on your forged bars? Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Glad to help!

Sir,
Will try to take daytime photo's with lights on as soon as possible.

Most of the lights are the Tru-Flex products from Custom Dynamics.

The amber LED's are not on the Forged Bars, they are on the JTD Hard Lowers. I ordered those LED's with the lowers. I believe they are from CD as-well. But you can call Jopn at JTD and ask.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts