Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were should I buy them from . MBD , e bay , which doctors any input would be great .....

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
That is nice looking stuff mate

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is nice looking stuff mate
Their prices don't look too bad either. I saw Made in USA and figured they would be very expensive, but they aren't. Too bad I already have Kuryakyn turn signals up front.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
and for a *little* tech.....

Did your install require resistors?

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
FYI, If you are running front Bulbs and read LED's you need 20ohm 10 watt resistors. If you are running LED's front and rear you need 10 ohm 20 watt resistors.
Check with the MFG before going in and soldering resistors in. Most non-fleabay signals have them built in already. Mine went in without any mods

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking for a brighter signal bulb, possibly an LED. Will the factory lights support a LED bulb or do i need to change the entire kit. I'm not sure but from what I was reading online some had luck with the 1156 LED bulbs. This is for a highball if that matters, not sure if the lamps are standard with victory bikes.

·
13,177 Posts
LED lights will not be that bright in lens that are not made for them.
Normal lens are a darker tint then LED lens

·
Registered
611 Posts
LED lights will not be that bright in lens that are not made for them.
Normal lens are a darker tint then LED lens
The only time the lens matters as far as LED vs. incandescent is if it's a textured lens. Anything with a clear lens isn't going to have a noticeable difference between LED and anything else. Regardless of the type of lens though, the reflector is the bigger concern as far as light output. An LED bulb in an incandescent reflector is going to result in a small spot of light rather than the full area being illuminated.

Darker vs. lighter lens isn't much of a concern to LED's unless it's a specific color tint (not gray) which happens to absorb the particular wavelength that the LED is producing. Otherwise it's just a tint and will have the same effect regardless of bulb type.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts