Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a while since i have been active. I am needing some help with leds and have searched the forum without finding exactly what i need. Was wondering where exactly i should tap in a ness load equalizer on my 12 highball. Read somewhere there is no acm. I was able to tap the black and blue/red for one and led is solid no flash. Was also having trouble finding which wires to tap in the headlight bucket. I have the service manual. I deleted all my signals 4 years ago so its been a while since i have been in there. So if someone could help me out with where to tap in the headlight bucket for the fronts and then also where exactly to tap in the load equalizer i will take detailed pics and post my results with a how to.
Also i did a rear fender delete so my rear harness is gone. I already know where to tap for the rear signals. Just need to know where to put the equalizer....or where to tap it in.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
Hi bigsteveo, do you meen the LED indicators ?? That cannot be done from your headlight bucket ...

It should be same as the rear, in the manual trace the wires to the "socket" and check with your multimeter .... I thought it was quite easy, but I only did the rear too, not the front yet ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
Oeps .... Just checked the old drawing .... And my memory mixed up with the pulsating break light ....

Easy as pie, of course you can fit this inside your headlight bucket

What kind of load equaliser do you have ?? For 2 indicator 1 equaliser ??

Or 1 equaliser for 1 indicator

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up an equalizer from arlen ness today so im pretty sure its a dual. 2 purple wires and one black. I also picked up a flasher module in case mine is fried. Ever since i got rid of all my signals the flasher module would just buzz when you engaged the hazards or turned on signal. Last night i tapes in to the blue/red wire and black to verify it was the right signal feed and it was. The led just lit up solid no flash. So im guessing that its probably toast. When i tapped in a generic load equalizer with the light on at one point the led went out and i could hear the flasher module clicking like the signal was activated so that made me think its still good. We will see. Will post up tomorrow or the next day w my findings. I will probably just run a jumper from front to back for right front and rear signal and then the same for left side since im not sure where the turn signal comes from and which harness in the headlight bucket. Lot of bs going on in there.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
This is a plug and play flasher assembly, and is adjustable for flasher rate. I have LED front signals and this works great.
https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2-F.html
That's what I'm talking about.

Using load equalizers, you have the same load on the electric system.

What's the point of installing LED lighting if you are going to us load equalizers? I thought the reason for LED lighting was to reduce the electric load on the charging system and battery. That's what I did on my previous two bikes.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Richie, I think for most the LED's reduced draw is a side benefit for those not pushing the limits of what the bike creates. The primary reason is to get brighter lighting and to get away from the 1970's style of signal light fixtures.

Priorities change when you get LED's for your house and the main reason in that case is a lower monthly bill.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just a thought but if you use a true electronic flasher from a car it will flash led's at the correct speed and seems easier. Just make two jumpers from your original flasher connection to the new flasher. Easy as pie

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
So this worked on your 04 KP? Would it also work if you switched to all 4 LED turn signals? Is the flasher relay in the headlight?
The flasher relay is in the headlight. I think it would work with 4 LED turn signals. Would probably just have to adjust the flasher rate with the little dial inside the housing.

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
The flasher relay is in the headlight. I think it would work with 4 LED turn signals. Would probably just have to adjust the flasher rate with the little dial inside the housing.
Thanks. I think I'll order one. I've been wanting to switch to a more modern LED small signals.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
I bought these ones for LED lights ... $ 3.46 per piece free shipping ...

There are 3 signs on them
@ +
@ -
@ L

So hope when the time comes to use them they work ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
Just a thought but if you use a true electronic flasher from a car it will flash led's at the correct speed and seems easier. Just make two jumpers from your original flasher connection to the new flasher. Easy as pie
Being the visual person I am; it would be great to see a picture of how you did this.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do what you see fit, but typically you get what you pay for. My TST industries LED flasher has worked great for 5,000 miles. I am very skeptical of Ebay knockoffs, especially when the price seems too good to be true. If I have a problem, I know who to call. Not so true with Ebay.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
$9 & $6 on Ebay verses $ 1.5 on AliExpress ... And free shipping too ...

Motorcycle 2-Pin Speed Adjustable LED Flasher Relay Orange Indicator Fix Hyper
http://s.aliexpress.com/nYraaEVz
(from AliExpress Android)

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Victory Boardwalk with a Kuryakyn Run/Brake/Turm module installed. The Boardwalk comes with LEDs which are hyper flashing. When I use the provided load equalizer, the turn signals will not work. I am interested in this TST Gen 2 module. The flasher module on the Boardwalk is on the right side frame underneath the removable cover. It is a multi pin plug, not a two pin plug as noted on TST's website. Do I understand there is a 2 pin unit in the headlight bucket? TIA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts