Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy front LED fork tube wrap around lights for my 2005 Hammer . I have two questions . #1 - When installing the lights to the forks , do I have to drop down the forks or do the lights open up to install on the forks ? #2 - I already have the rear LED signals , do I need to install a module with the front LEDS to correct the flasher speed ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
talked to custom dynamics while back, they say if you do both front and rear led lights then you will need the equalizer to have "normal" speed blinking. If you do one, either front or rear , it will not have to have the equalizer. Give them a call to verify they are very helpful. Hey fellow Oswegonion. Cu at pickerbush someday

·
Registered
11 Posts
08 kingpin 8ball

Looking for some rear led lights that are a flush mount or something that is cleaner then a bullet light. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put the MBW rear LED array and the front fork wraps on my 07 hammer. I would suggest you get the module and install as directed.

With regards to the front fork wrap LEDs.....you don't have to drop the forks. If you dont have a jack or want to spend a bunch of time repositioning the forks just loosen the the top pinch bolts and pull off the top of the tree. If you pull out the indicator light panel, below it is a single nut for the top tree....loosen the nut, pull up the top tree, loosen the top pinch bolts, slide on the wrap LEDs.

I will warn you however the clearance on the tree nut is very tight...you will need a socket with a very thin wall...I used craftsmen.

good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the Mail

I put the MBW rear LED array and the front fork wraps on my 07 hammer. I would suggest you get the module and install as directed.

With regards to the front fork wrap LEDs.....you don't have to drop the forks. If you dont have a jack or want to spend a bunch of time repositioning the forks just loosen the the top pinch bolts and pull off the top of the tree. If you pull out the indicator light panel, below it is a single nut for the top tree....loosen the nut, pull up the top tree, loosen the top pinch bolts, slide on the wrap LEDs.

I will warn you however the clearance on the tree nut is very tight...you will need a socket with a very thin wall...I used craftsmen.

good luck!
The front LEDS are in the mail , with the modules , along with some more chrome . I,ll try this first . It doesn't sound to hard either way you do it . Thanks for the info .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes ....A good place to wet the whistle with some cold cactus juice after a long ride . I'm buying ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for some rear led lights that are a flush mount or something that is cleaner then a bullet light. Any help would be great.
I used the MBW LED rear array. Looks real clean and streamlines the rearend. I put it on a 07 hammer about 2 years ago and the fit was a bit off. Took some modifications of the stock license plate mount to keep the LED snug on the fender and level.

I carved up the license plate mount with a dremel to give me the spacing I needed.

If interested I will post a pic and can give more detail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
led signals

I put LED signals front and rear on my bike and put in a resisitor kit off ebay that has worked really well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used front fork wrap LED signals with a module that uses the signals as always on running lights , plus signals . It's easier to drop the fork tubes than pull the top tree to install the LEDS . Just keep an eye on the brake lines as you lower the forks . I had to undo the brake line mounting brackets . 15 minutes tops .. Thanks Bigfoot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts